What's a good axle replacement for my ls?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
your experience may be different though as well you know the difference in our ride heights may play a part it lol. But yeah napa has better axles i think
yeah. i think ride height played a big part in those vibe issues.

Posted from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I haven't had good luck with duralast parts, I recently bought an alternator from them and the bearings went out. I mean, lifetime garuntee is cool, but I don't want to worry about braking down because of faulty parts.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Totally different expierence as I havent had any issues with autozone parts but have had issues with "legit" companies products lol. I think it just comes down to luck apparently, knock on wood I've had good luck

Prozon

Kris
I have had absolutely no problems with parts I have bought at Autozone.. I don't know why every other kid with a Honda complains about Autozone axles. I assume being slammed has something to do with it, but I don't know.. some people are just unlucky haha.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Totally different expierence as I havent had any issues with autozone parts but have had issues with "legit" companies products lol. I think it just comes down to luck apparently, knock on wood I've had good luck
Amen brother, knock on wood as well, as I've had good luck too.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
I have had absolutely no problems with parts I have bought at Autozone.. I don't know why every other kid with a Honda complains about Autozone axles. I assume being slammed has something to do with it, but I don't know.. some people are just unlucky haha.
It's because they think they are too good, so they automatically need to buy expensive parts.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I don't think their parts are bad, they are made to oem specifications so they have to meet a certain standard. I do think they lack in quality control, this is probably where the luck comes in. I used to go for a while with no problems from their parts then for a while with the opposite, it was just hit or miss.

I will say the service is much better at the Zone, people at the Napas I've been to are always dicks :lol:

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
I don't think their parts are bad, they are made to oem specifications so they have to meet a certain standard. I do think they lack in quality control, this is probably where the luck comes in. I used to go for a while with no problems from their parts then for a while with the opposite, it was just hit or miss.

I will say the service is much better at the Zone, people at the Napas I've been to are always dicks :lol:
That's because they abide by the pledge :p

94RS

No fucks given.
So.... Are Autozone axles decent or crap? My drivers' side snapped in half when my motor mounts decided to take a shit on me back in October. And should I replace both sides, or just the one?

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
So.... Are Autozone axles decent or crap? My drivers' side snapped in half when my motor mounts decided to take a s*** on me back in October. And should I replace both sides, or just the one?
Replace both. It'll save you in the long run.

Read the thread, they are decent but it's a hit or miss. I would still get them.

Prozon

Kris
I wouldn't replace them both unless they're both bad.. you could end up going 100k before needing an axle replaced.. no sense fixing what's not broken.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Agreed with Prozon, axles last indefinitely, I like to get my money out of parts like that.

phinattic

I replaced both axles 10 months ago. Got them at vatozone, the right side is fine but the left one is making noise so will exchange it and replace it next weekend. The only thing I would avoid is the Reman axles get new if you can.