What's a good buffer?

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Well I'll be getin my car back this week after my accident. I decided to save some cash and buff my new bumper and hood myself. I don't know much about buffing so Im wondering what a good brand and model are? I'm on a bit of a budget cause of the repair bill so I don't wanna spend more than $170.

JGvtec

DO NOT APPLY WAX TO YOUR BUMPER OR HOOD.

Are you trying to remove the orange peel or what?

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Yes, just painted today. My guys still gotta do some body work so I'll prolly have it Thursday or Friday. Oh and if anyone has tips and tricks to good buffing feel free to share!

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
Yes, just painted today. My guys still gotta do some body work so I'll prolly have it Thursday or Friday. Oh and if anyone has tips and tricks to good buffing feel free to share!
If you've never sanded or polished your car, it'd probably not a good idea to start on a fresh paint job IMO. What is the goal you're trying to accomplish? Also, did the painter not color sand and buff it after he was finished? They're supposed to. I would ask the shop when it's done and see if they have any special instructions for you and whether you'll need to let the paint cure first.

JGvtec

Make sure first what the shop wants you to do. Like she said they typically color sand it and buff it.