What's a good deck ?

tyman2395

Hey guys I'm looking for a good deck with really good wattage to run my amps and subs , I got a JL audio 300/2 amp , 500/1 Amp and 2 subs can't remember the specs on them . Right now I got a panasonic 50wx4 deck and if I turn the volume up to like 23 it will kill the bass out. I'm pretty sure I need a stronger deck for it , any suggestions ? thanks

tyman2395

There rsx tail lights , The car used to be a show car , Check out my thread if you want to see more pics of it

Ganyon

I have a pioneer headunit. It's pretty decent, but my crappy pioneer speakers suck.

dlo253

Deck probly wont fix That. Could be multiple things. Try the free stuff first. Try turning down the gain on the amps. Make sure you have a good solid ground too. It could be a clipping or thermal protection type thing so your amp shuts itself off to avoid blowing. Pop the hatch, and obverve it all as you crank it up. See if any indication lights on the amp turn on or anything like that.

MrG

SGT TEG
deck

Hey guys I'm looking for a good deck with really good wattage to run my amps and subs , I got a JL audio 300/2 amp , 500/1 Amp and 2 subs can't remember the specs on them . Right now I got a panasonic 50wx4 deck and if I turn the volume up to like 23 it will kill the bass out. I'm pretty sure I need a stronger deck for it , any suggestions ? thanks

i have a JVC 6.5" screen dvd cd ect deck for sale for $300

tyman2395

Yeah everyone who don't like please don't post since I like this site and don't wanna leave for a few basher , I like being unique and sticking out in the crowd from everyone. Whats the watts on your deck thats for sale ? thanks

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Alpine has some nice decks. Make sure your amp is also good enough and your wires are good.

dlo253

Hey I gave some advise, lol. I'm not gonna talk s*** about your car just because it may not be my style. You like it and that's all that matters. I did find the comment funny, but that's it from me Haha.
And if you wanna find a good deck go to Crutchfield and read the reviews.

Last edited:

tilegend

the wattage on the head unit doesn't matter...
your HU's onboard amplifier is only used when you connect your speakers directly to it... since you're using an amplifier you should be using interconnect cables that carry the signal from the HU to the amplifier. it basically bypasses the onboard amp since its a signal wire.
something is probably set up incorrectly either your pre-amp level needs to be checked or input gains need to be adjusted.

Last edited: