What's causing this leak?

GSRIntegra

I thought I was burning oil, but it looking like I'm leaking oil?

OTHER INFO:

I had my timing belt replaced a few months back and the mechanic said my valve cover gasket was shot, so he replaced it. I Haven't replaced the cam seal.

Alvi84

Could be the spark plug grommetts or if he replaced the valve cover gasket with a crappy autozone one you might need to replace it again. Use some form-a-gasket when putting in a new valve cover gasket to double up the protection.

KidTrixX

Well that's what happen to my teg and they had to replace my head gasket and valve cover gasket

mirrorimg

Well that's what happen to my teg and they had to replace my head gasket and valve cover gasket
Well then you spent a hell of a lot more money and time fixing something that didnt need fixing.

Those spots on the valve cover are only separated from the oil within the cylinder head with those rubber grommets (or whatever you want to call them) and the valve cover gasket. Because the paint is porous, it will attract moisture and soak it up. That means when some oil gets on it, it will spread out and work its way further into the paint, away from the leak.

This fix is as simply as some rubber gaskets. Thats all. No headgasket.