what's faster b18 or d16 ?

vgees92gsr

Ok so me and my wife are going back and fourth and we both think one is better then the other so here i go----
what would be quicker a b18 ls engine or a d16 sohc vtec engine-that is saying the motors are installed in the exact same car with the exact amount of mods and the same driver on both vehicles what would be quicker
i say ls at the line but single cam top end so it would be neck and neck but ls would win

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
ls would pull on it IMO. that little bit of more displacement will help a lot come higher speeds.... Only thing I have remotely close to this, is I raced my buddy's Z6 against my B20, and I continually pulled on him.

He beat me once, but I had about 400 pounds extra weight in my car and it was from like a 50 roll I think? when he did beat me it was the most ridiculous snails pace pass I've ever seen. lol. pretty funny if you ask me.

the B18 wins anyday... BECAUSE SOHC VTEC engines BLOW fat dick...
Exactly! Whats funny is my wife and i argue about it too, she has a 97 del sol with the sohc vtec in it and i just tell her i have a whole extra camshaft that works the entire rpm range and more displacement lol it would be a close race for us though seeings how her car is like 700 lbs less lol

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

B18B1 1834cc 142@6300bhp 127@5200tq 9.2:1comp 81bore 89stroke

D16Z6 1590cc 125@6600bhp 106@5200q 9.2:1comp 75 90