What's more important Oil change or Wheel bearing?

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
I need to change my oil soon, its like dark brownish and my bearing makes the ruh ruh ruh ruh noise so i have limited amount of money and i am trying to figure out what is more important,

SoundEfx

It depends on the period of time between you being able to do the other.

How many miles do you have on the oil?

Brett1414

It depends on the period of time between you being able to do the other.

How many miles do you have on the oil?
Thats a good question, i have no idea.. from the looks of it it looks like their was a sticker on the windshield when i bought it a week ago that said 11/something i couldn't read the rest

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
If the oil change was due last November, then that should be changed asap.

Sent from my phone

Muckman

Not a M0derator
$30 bucks for oil change
Wheel bearing is $50 but its a difficult DIY project.

I say start with the oil change.

d@_b3st

well the oil change is pretty important and if the due date is past due you should do that first, wheel bearing will just continue to go ruh ruh ruh ruh until you swap it for a new one but the motor could just go cla cla cla cla__________. if you dont do the oil lol hope this helps on making up your mind also which wheel is making the noise??

Brett1414

well the oil change is pretty important and if the due date is past due you should do that first, wheel bearing will just continue to go ruh ruh ruh ruh until you swap it for a new one but the motor could just go cla cla cla cla__________. if you dont do the oil lol hope this helps on making up your mind also which wheel is making the noise??
The front passenger side, and most of my DIY projects will be little stuff because im still learning on how to do things with cars and etc.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
haha then dont start with the front wheel bearing. Thats going to be a lot more involved. Take it some place for that.

Change the oil.

d@_b3st

The front passenger side, and most of my DIY projects will be little stuff because im still learning on how to do things with cars and etc.
Ok like muckman mentioned doing them wheel bearings can be a proyect, but if your a bit mechanically inclined you can always do the whole spindle and save time and money, try and sort a front passenger side spindle at junkyard, craigslist onr even here at the forum it would just be 8 nuts (4 lug nuts)+ 2 bolts caliper brackets, swap the spindles and voila done make sure you read up on this if you haven't done anything like it before and remember to tighten everything back to spec try and get yourself a manual line haynes and that my friend will be your best companion working on the teg g/l and keep us posted

osiris19

Change your oil man. I let mine go for 4700 miles once, almost cried. The oil was still clean though lol. Wheel bearing requires a hydraulic press, or some creativity.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Theasian

find a parts place or machine shop and take the knuckle to them around here they charge like 30 to press a bearing. Call around

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I always change every fluid within a week of buying a car. I mean everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk