What's special about the Mugen twinloop

jznsn2u

Exhaust Systems

The stock exhaust system found in most vehicles is a source of great flow restritcion. By replacing the exhaust system, you will discover a mild increase in power. The simplest, and most popular method to gain some power is to install a cat-back exhaust system, which replaces the stock exhaust from the catalytic converter to the tailpipe. These systems incorporate a high-flow muffler and use larger-than-stock diameter tubing, which is mandrel-bent rather than crush-bent to eliminate crimping where the tubes are bent, which allows for smoother and faster exhaust flow. Several manufacturers produce cat-back exhaust systems specially made for each model.

The material used in a cat-back system is usually aluminized steel. Aluminized steel exhaust systems are cheaper, but they won't last as long as stainless steel. For maximum durability, and if you can afford it, choose a stainless steel exhaust.

Exhaust systems vary greatly in exhaust tone, in-car noise, and fit. Keep those things in mind when deciding on your exhaust system. You also have the choice between single or dual tipped mufflers.
The #1 item that determines exhaust tone and volume is, of course, the muffler. There are 3 different internal construction styles of mufflers; chambered, straight through, and twin loop. Each one has it's own advantages/disadvantages, picking which combination of advantages vs. disadvantages is best for your car is your desicion, based on what tone you like, what volume you want to put up with, and your budget.
Here are the 3 styles:

-Chambered: This is the stock method of muffler construction for nearly every car on the road. There are many baffles and chambers inside the muffler to absorb as much sound as possible before allowing the exhaust to escape out the tailpipe. The downside to this method is all these obstacles stunt exhaust flowspeed, particularly in the upper RPM's. There are a few aftermarket manufacturers that use this style of muffler, such as Apexi (the WS line only), and RS*R. Although they are chambered, their design is not as restrictive as a stock muffler.

-Straight through: The majority of aftermarket exhausts use this style of muffler. There are no restrictions to exhaust flow inside the muffler, it's a straight unimpeded shot out the exhaust tip. The downside to this style is a higher volume exhaust tone. How much volume depends on the size of the canister and what type of material it is packed with.

-Twin Loop: Also called "twin pass". These mufflers are a straight through style muffler internally, but the exhaust passes through the muffler body twice to further absorb sound, at no sacrifice to flow speed. You get the quieter tone of a chambered muffler, with the flow ability of a straight through, without the extra noise. It's the best of both worlds, but these mufflers tend to be the most expensive on the market.

If you plan on installing your own cat-back system, remeber that although the new exhaust may be a simple bolt-on operation, removal of your old system may require cutting.

I have a twinloop, check my sig :thumbs up

jznsn2u

ohhh yeah btw, twinloops don't fit on da's :cry:

DumaDa9

unless you're a gangster and custom your rear bumper so the exhaust exits on the right side

HKDxSAVIER

ohhh yeah btw, twinloops don't fit on da's :cry:
MOHERFLOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got any threads on someone that custom fit one on a da?

i have been looking at exhausts and i see that most for the day are stright anyway

not to the left like stock ones

thanks j usefull info

DumaDa9

if they're actually produced for a DA it should cross over, it shouldnt come straight out of the bumper.

jznsn2u

unless you're a gangster and custom your rear bumper so the exhaust exits on the right side
straight thug hahaah

MOHERFLOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got any threads on someone that custom fit one on a da?

i have been looking at exhausts and i see that most for the day are stright anyway

not to the left like stock ones

thanks j usefull info
no problem man

if they're actually produced for a DA it should cross over, it shouldnt come straight out of the bumper.
yup, I think the da is designed so that they have a flat chambered style exhaust and the muffler tip is on the left. If you want to fabricate a twinloop on it, it would have to go straight out from the right side.

j said twins dont fit on da's

hey were u located duma
Twinloops were specifically made for the dc integra/ ek civic chassis. It doesn't mean you can't fabricate on yourself for the da ;) If you do decide to fabricate a twinloop, I would like to see how it goes :thumbs up.

Last edited:

HKDxSAVIER

alright well i gottta think about it

saw your twinloop vids sounds SIICCCKKK!
lol
i like it alot but idk

what u got in your car man it seems pretty quick

jznsn2u

alright well i gottta think about it

saw your twinloop vids sounds SIICCCKKK!
lol
i like it alot but idk

what u got in your car man it seems pretty quick
hahah thank you, most people don't really notice but the area i filmed on is slightly down hill :lol: All I have is intake and exhaust xD

HKDxSAVIER

shit im probably liike thats fast becuase i havent been able to run my car in perfect condition
cuz im still on the gs or ls ecu and dont got vtec crackin yet lol

not that yours isnt fast lol

i want twinloop duddeee!!!!!! lol i like the deep noise exhauts might check out hks hi powers though

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
TegSox said:
The #1 item that determines exhaust tone and volume is, of course, the muffler. There are 3 different internal construction styles of mufflers; chambered, straight through, and twin loop. Each one has it's own advantages/disadvantages, picking which combination of advantages vs. disadvantages is best for your car is your desicion, based on what tone you like, what volume you want to put up with, and your budget.
Here are the 3 styles:

-Chambered: This is the stock method of muffler construction for nearly every car on the road. There are many baffles and chambers inside the muffler to absorb as much sound as possible before allowing the exhaust to escape out the tailpipe. The downside to this method is all these obstacles stunt exhaust flowspeed, particularly in the upper RPM's. There are a few aftermarket manufacturers that use this style of muffler, such as Apexi (the WS line only), and RS*R. Although they are chambered, their design is not as restrictive as a stock muffler.

-Straight through: The majority of aftermarket exhausts use this style of muffler. There are no restrictions to exhaust flow inside the muffler, it's a straight unimpeded shot out the exhaust tip. The downside to this style is a higher volume exhaust tone. How much volume depends on the size of the canister and what type of material it is packed with.

-Twin Loop: Also called "twin pass". These mufflers are a straight through style muffler internally, but the exhaust passes through the muffler body twice to further absorb sound, at no sacrifice to flow speed. You get the quieter tone of a chambered muffler, with the flow ability of a straight through, without the extra noise. It's the best of both worlds, but these mufflers tend to be the most expensive on the market.

If you plan on installing your own cat-back system, remeber that although the new exhaust may be a simple bolt-on operation, removal of your old system may require cutting.
Your Welcome :mrgreen: