What's the best short shifter for a dc5?

BlueMistDA

Hey, Im thinking of getting a short shifter...what kind of short shifter do you prefer or you think is better?

patrick4588

Integra God
skunk2 with es inserts. IMO, Skunk2 makes the best shifter hands down. i didnt like the b&m as much, but quallity wise, they are about the same.

BlueMistDA

i didnt know skunk2 carried short shifters for rsx models because i didnt think they made shifter box. Does anyone have a link to a skunk2 short shifter for the dc5?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
My friend had the viscous technology short shift kit on a stock shifter with aftermarket bushings. It felt better than any other one I've touched. I think I still have it laying in my garage somewhere. It just relocates the shift linkage to reduce throw's but keeps the stock shifter geometry and pattern

I'm pretty sure they don't make it anymore though

Last edited:

hawaiiancb74

BIg Asian Fella
to be honest.. the rsx dosent need a short throw shifter.. its already common knowledge that the syncros can barely keep up with stock shifts.. 3rd gear has the biggest problem.. but if you must for some reason use the buddy club one.. remember that the rsx uses cables, if you want to make shifts better use the solid bushings that go on the box and the cable ends.. that will make the biggest differance. i dont knwo any track rsx's around here that use a short shifter.. most have race tranys or a longer shifter to raise the knob up.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
to be honest.. the rsx dosent need a short throw shifter.. its already common knowledge that the syncros can barely keep up with stock shifts.. 3rd gear has the biggest problem.. but if you must for some reason use the buddy club one.. remember that the rsx uses cables, if you want to make shifts better use the solid bushings that go on the box and the cable ends.. that will make the biggest differance. i dont knwo any track rsx's around here that use a short shifter.. most have race tranys or a longer shifter to raise the knob up.
Thank you for providing good advice. I hope people bother reading it.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
One of my friends had modified links where the cables attach to the shifter. It still used the stock lever so tt didn't physically shorten the shifter, just shortened the throws. But hawaiiancb47 is right, the synchros can only go so fast. The RSX has very weak aluminum shift forks as well. I know a few people who have cracked a shift fork