What's this Hose?

Andrew93

Currently Building
ok so everything is almost together this is the only hose i dont know what to do with, its sitting about midway under the intake mani about 6' down coming out of the firewall, dont know where it goes.

slacker

Slackin since '88
Yeah def need a better pic, does the motor run? Start it up, does it spill fluid? Does it suck your finger in if you put it over it?

Andrew93

Currently Building
well i have to sauder the wires to the dizzy because its a b18b instead of the a series, but ill try and turn it over as soon as thats done...ill try to get a better pic...its like the only hose coming out of the firewall right under the manifold if u have a da9 check and see what its going to :)

slacker

Slackin since '88
I sure do, let me go check sir.

Okay I took a pic, but to me it looks like its a trans temp sensor. Lemme upload the pic

Pic

Last edited:

Andrew93

Currently Building
I appreciate it, i was actually looking at that as u were posting it...mine doesnt seem to have the plug on the end its just a hose, ive been going through the manual but i havent found it yet, is there an actual sensor on the end or is it more like a coupling that just gets the hose to fit?

slacker

Slackin since '88
I appreciate it, i was actually looking at that as u were posting it...mine doesnt seem to have the plug on the end its just a hose, ive been going through the manual but i havent found it yet, is there an actual sensor on the end or is it more like a coupling that just gets the hose to fit?
Yeah at the end of the hose it looks like a big needle bearing sort of, just a metal cylinder that plugs into the hole. Check on top of the trans where its supposed to plug in, maybe its in the trans and fell out of the hose? The sensor isn't a "clip on" type, it just plugs into the hole. It's fairly easy to pull out on mine.

Andrew93

Currently Building
ok so its for the power steering speed sensor....so since i took my power steering off i shouldnt have to worry about that right

ok so its for the power steering speed sensor....so since i took my power steering off i shouldnt have to worry about that right
Power steering has nothing to do with your speed sensor. It runs from the trans to the back of the cluster. Yes you need it or you wont have a functioning speedometer.