What's this hose?

Excitable Kid

I searched the forum. I couldn't find what I was looking for. The hose is near the upper cooling hose and connects to the stock air intake hose. That hose cracked open and sprayed coolant everywhere when I was driving. Car nearly overheated. Needle close to the red H. Sorry for small, s***ty pics.

Getting towed away

Yes, I know it's dirty.

cborden

Jesus is THE way
just a coolant hose that connects to where the upper radiator hose connects to the head. nothing special about it. i took my stock piece and just replaced it with a regular hose

Excitable Kid

just a coolant hose that connects to where the upper radiator hose connects to the head. nothing special about it. i took my stock piece and just replaced it with a regular hose
Thanks for the info. I can't remove hose clamp near where it goes to the head. It's at an angle where I can't put the pliers on to squeeze the the two points on the clamp. I removed the heater hose and the upper radiator have more working room. How did you remove it?

make sure you check that the radiator doesnt leak after you replace that hose and add antifreeze
Thanks for the advice. It's a new radiator I put in 2 weeks ago. Refilled and bled the air out. It's just one of the cooling hoses bursted 7 miles in the drive.

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
Hate to raise the dead, but this exact hose I'm looking to replace to get rid of the aluminium tubing. So I'm lookin to just get a piece of longer hose. But I'm curious if anyone knows the size? O'Reillys has 3/4 1/2 and 5/8 but all those look too big, so I'm thinking it's more like 3/8. Thoughts? Still got some searching to do. Just found this first.

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
Found the size of the hose. It's 5/16 for anyone else who's looking for the actual size :)

Last edited: