What's Up Guys!

Em1_ProJect

hatchoo said:
nice ride, i like it. one question... do you have stock shocks or you have to full coilover setup? it's a stupid question i know, just curious :D
stock shocks....im too poor to buy a full coilover setup, but i think i'll be needing a full setup soon...im starting to get annoyed with the ride. sorta bouncy

Todd

token ex-mod
lol you cant build your valve train like you did and be concidered poor bro :lol:

Em1_ProJect

well it took me a while to do it all. i had my cams in before i had my valve springs or retainers and i couldn't go into vtec at all during that time. i drove around under 5000rpms for like a month and a half before i got enough for my car payment, AND valve springs and retainers that month, then finally bought them and had them installed. it took me about a 2 years to get where i am now... :what:

Todd

token ex-mod
my vtec kicks in at 4500rpm, i couldnt imagine trying to not go that high for that long.....

welp the 2 years payed off for yah :mrgreen:

Em1_ProJect

Todd said:
my vtec kicks in at 4500rpm, i couldnt imagine trying to not go that high for that long.....

welp the 2 years payed off for yah :mrgreen:
i guess it payed off a little bit...i'm not that happy with my engine right now. maybe when i get my manifold and throttle body back i'll feel a little bit of results. you know how after awhile you start to feel like your car isnt very fast anymore.... i need new mods!

Em1_ProJect

hey how old do you gotta be where you are to test drive one. my friend that's 17 said he came with his girlfriend and they let him test drive one, but maybe he was lying. if he wasnt im gonna test drive one soon. some places here you have to be 21. tell me what you think when you drive it!

Todd

token ex-mod
i know the owner and general manager of both local dodge dealerships, so they dont mind :lol:
i've driven them before and can say that they are quick freakin cars, and their OEM seats rock.
i'll be doing the stage 1 upgrade before delivery if everything goes right, and the stage 2 will follow shortly.
here's a lil info i copied outa sport compact magazine about stage 2 and 3 upgrades on the srt4, ALL UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY!!!! and i'll be in the mid/low 13's :lol:

pop-n-fresh said:
"the stage 2 kit for the srt4 uses the stock turbo, but will take it to its absolute limit. the kit will use even bigger injectors (%30 bigger than the stock 03's and %20 bigger than the stock 04's) and 3-bar MSP and TIP sensors that allow the new ecu to push as high as 20psi. Now here are the really cool parts, in increasing the order of collness: First the boost dial, a five-position dial that lets you run full boost all the time, different boost for different gears, or all the way down to 6psi for low-grip conditions. Next to that is the intercooler spray switch. the sprayer uses a high-pressure pump (45psi) and Aquamist nozzles to spray a fine fog of cooling water of the intercooler. The sprayer can be controlled by the ecu based on speed, throttle position, ambient temperature and intercooler temperature, and the spray pattern and spray schedule was actually perfected in the wind tunnel to get the most cooling from the least water. coolest of all: a race gas switch. push the button and the ecu swithces to maps tuned for 100-octane unleaded. and if you're a dumbass and you run the 100-octane map on street gas? THe knock sensor sees it, turns on a little, red dumbass light, and switches back to the street map.
Then there's the big one: stage3. the big important part of stage 3, of course, is the turbo. since the turbo, wastegate, exhaust manifold and downpipe are all one casting, stage 3 gets to upgrade all of them. the turbo itself is a mitsubishi 15g-k2, the same turbo that came stock in the lancer evo VI, but without the evo's divided exhaust housing. the evo VI, for the record, had the biggest turbo of any stock EVO. the turbo still uses conventional sleeve bearings, but has an exotic, lightweight titanium aluminide turbine wheel for quicker spool up. the downpipe casting is much larger, and the area around the wastegate has been opened up for less disruptive merging of the two exhaust flows. so, still embarrassed to be seen driving a neon? "

Em1_ProJect

Todd said:
i know the owner and general manager of both local dodge dealerships, so they dont mind :lol:
i've driven them before and can say that they are quick freakin cars, and their OEM seats rock.
i'll be doing the stage 1 upgrade before delivery if everything goes right, and the stage 2 will follow shortly.
here's a lil info i copied outa sport compact magazine about stage 2 and 3 upgrades on the srt4, ALL UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY!!!! and i'll be in the mid/low 13's :lol:
woah woah woah...you're test driving it to buy?!?!?!?!? you bastard!

Em1_ProJect

yeah i understand. well good luck with the buy man. ever since that thing came out and a blue one tried racing me and definitaly beat me, it's been my dream car. urgh, i gotta go find out that test drive age!!!

Todd

token ex-mod
if you bring a parent and dress up a little they'll most definately let you test drive bro.

hatchoo

about a month ago i went with my cousin to a mistubishi dealer, we asked them if we could test drive the new evo. they said you can only test drive it after you buy it :(

em1_project: stock shocks on 3inch drop?!? i'm surprised your shocks didn't break yet.

Todd

token ex-mod
i have a 2 3/4" drop on progress springs on my gf's civic on stock shocks, her ride is better than my gsr's with kyb agx adjustables and a 2 1/2" drop on h&r springs

Em1_ProJect

hatchoo said:
about a month ago i went with my cousin to a mistubishi dealer, we asked them if we could test drive the new evo. they said you can only test drive it after you buy it :(

em1_project: stock shocks on 3inch drop?!? i'm surprised your shocks didn't break yet.
its very possible they are broken....how can i tell? they are really bouncy so i dunno, im assuming they are either done, or ready to go!