what's with all the tow hooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

98sierra

why do i keep seeing tow hooks on all the hondas/acuras?? am i missing something? do these things break down that much? is it a anti theft feture so you can chain it to a pole??

Prozon

Kris
That post was full of win.. I found a new signature haha.

72Spitfire

Tow hooks are ricer, just like the dumb toys they hang from them. The cars already have tow hooks....waste your money elsewhere.

01FTW

Yes its for looks.. Stupid, however, as it makes it easier for thieves to tow the teg away.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
The rear one bolts right over the old one, so it just isn't recessed a few inches, but it won't make a difference. If there ballsy enough to come tow your car away, they're gonna take it regardless lol.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Its not completely a "looks" thing. You'll be very thankful you had one if your car is lowered and you have a rear lip. Ever need to get pulled out of deep snow, etc with a rear lip? The stock tow hook is underneath the bumper and if you have a strap/chain hooked up to it to get pulled out it will most definitely put pressure on the lip and break it/crack the paint.

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
Lol who chains up there teggy to a pole?
i laughed pretty hard. no lie

mjones73

They are required for certain forms of racing, I'd say most people running them on the street do it more for looks then anything.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Most Honda owners get them for looks, which is really stupid. Fuckin ricers. I believe that the only people who should have tow hooks on their cars is if they actually track their cars.

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
i have the benen polished rear hook, i still think its a stupid fad but to each is own, aint no tow hooks goin on my DC, i hope. lol

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
I've had my tow hooks for like 3 years now i think, and i bought then because people don't know how to park in boston, it was my version of the bumper guard

funny thing was i got pulled over for them and the cops excuse was "what if someone was to hit and mess up their car", my response "their not supposed to be hitting my in the first place officer"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.