What's wrong here

jwh0818

So I just put a used AC compressor in my 97 integra ls and it works but then turns off and on constantly and the air coming out is only a tiny bit cold. What could this be

DC2MAN1119

x2. over filling will cause it to seem like its not working. go to a sho and have them clear the lines legally. less you dont give two fucks just clear your ac lines and recharge it to the right pressure and all should be good my man.

gugiey

So I just put a used AC compressor in my 97 integra ls and it works but then turns off and on constantly and the air coming out is only a tiny bit cold. What could this be
when you opened up the system did you replace your receiver dryer ?
did you vacuum the system ?

how do you know the system is full ?

jwh0818

when you opened up the system did you replace your receiver dryer ?
did you vacuum the system ?

how do you know the system is full ?
No I didn't replace the receiver dryer. Everything worked accept the compressor. Yes I vacuumed it and I know its full because it takes 32 ounces of freon and I used manifold gauges to fill it

gugiey

No I didn't replace the receiver dryer. Everything worked accept the compressor. Yes I vacuumed it and I know its full because it takes 32 ounces of freon and I used manifold gauges to fill it
when you open the system your suppose to replace you receiver dryer .

your receiver dryer takes out the remaining moisture in the system .
if the system is opened it is then exposed to all the outside moisture .

what where your pressures on the manifold gauge set on the high and low side ? after you where finished .

jwh0818

Will the dryer cause the AC to cut in and out and also today the high pressure hose was extremely hot. It burned me

jwh0818

It will stay on for about a minute but the air ain't cold and then it cuts on and off about every 5 seconds

gugiey

Will the dryer cause the AC to cut in and out and also today the high pressure hose was extremely hot. It burned me
and moisture in the system can cause poor performance . refrigerant restriction and compressor failure .

and why did you replace your compressor in the first place may I ask ?