What's your opinion on this GSR offer?

gene91

My buddys friend is offering to sell me his 1997 GSR w/ 60,xxx miles, 2 ten inch subs, two amps, infinity components, Injen CAI, DC Header, brand new alternator, new water pump, new timing belt, recent tune up, new antenna, Type R valve cover, new tires, new brakes, VERY clean interior/exterior w/ leather seats and not one scratch or dent, 15% tint, Viper alarm system, all synthetic fluids, new spark coil, and recent battery change. All for $6000....

Could you even ask for a better deal? Hahah

JGvtec

brand new alternator, new water pump, new timing belt, recent tune up, new antenna, Type R valve cover, new tires, new brakes, VERY clean interior/exterior w/ leather seats and not one scratch or dent, 15% tint, Viper alarm system, all synthetic fluids, new spark coil, and recent battery change. All for $6000....

Did he have a recent problem with the car? I don't get the point of getting new parts that are not necessary.

If everything drives fine and everything turns out good id say go for it. Its not my choice its YOURS.

gene91

From what I've heard everything is fine, he's just replaced things to keep up on the maintenance and to keep it in tip top shape.

xSpRiNkLeZ

yeah sounds pretty good... like they said, pics will help. i paid 6k for my stock 01 GSR. so this has a lot of extras.
are the miles original? or was it swapped/rebuilt?

SilverSophie

If it was swapped make sure it was a GOOD swap...also that it wasn't stolen.. I wouldn't pay 6k for a swapped engine with misc. miles... that's just me. Otherwise it sounds like a badass deal. Get it!

Glad to hear someone isn't trying to get like $10k for their $3-4k Honda.

Last edited:

Jack Rot

If it was swapped make sure it was a GOOD swap...also that it wasn't stolen.. I wouldn't pay 6k for a swapped engine with misc. miles... that's just me. Otherwise it sounds like a badass deal. Get it!

Glad to hear someone isn't trying to get like $10k for their $3-4k Honda.

6k is close to 10k, lol.

i would pay 6 for one that hasnt been banged on and is BONE STOCK, +nice coilovers.

heykosal

Angkorian
My buddys friend is offering to sell me his 1997 GSR w/ 60,xxx miles, 2 ten inch subs, two amps, infinity components, Injen CAI, DC Header, brand new alternator, new water pump, new timing belt, recent tune up, new antenna, Type R valve cover, new tires, new brakes, VERY clean interior/exterior w/ leather seats and not one scratch or dent, 15% tint, Viper alarm system, all synthetic fluids, new spark coil, and recent battery change. All for $6000....

Your buddy's friend, not YOUR friend? Hmm, idk..it sounds like a good deal if you trust the guy and are familiar with the car. Because if not, you could be screwing yourself, buying an already modified car. You could be buying into someone else's headaches.
That mod list is pretty basic and simple, and with such low miles, there shouldn't be anything really wrong with the car. Those are original miles, original motor?
6k is close to 10k, lol.

i would pay 6 for one that hasnt been banged on and is BONE STOCK, +nice coilovers.
Uhm, there's a $4k difference, that's not close.

Sounds like a hell of a deal, which is why I would be very weary of it. Have the car checked over thoroughly. Don't be blinded by the price and overlook something that is an issue.

Leolo007

I'd get a carfax, just to be safe. Ask around, some people have an unlimited membership (at least they use to have them) and they can look the car up for you.

For your reference I got a 00 GSR with 71k miles for 7,900, bone stock with records of all maintenance (including oil changes) at the dealership :)

gene91

Its all original miles, no motor swap or anything. The only reason he got all new parts is just to keep up on the car, I've got some beautiful plans for her though :)