What's Your Opinon? B18c or b20 frank?

bdeming101

ive got a JDM b18c GSR, ive got Brand New bearing, gaskets, rings and seals.. the head has skunk2 stage2 cams, and arp headstuds.

ive also got a b20b2, stock with 180kmi.. was thinking about a b20vtec, and put my gsr head on it with the headstuds.

looking to boost either one, which ones better? or just a n/a b20vtec

jznsn2u

if i we're you i'd use the sir-g motor. I also own one myself. The only reason why i say that is because your pretty much set with everything 1 less custom drilling for vtec oil line or tampering with the ecu (even though you still have to modify your p72, its not as much as if you went with a whole new set up -b20block/gsrhead). boost the jdm gsr and let me know how it goes so i could do it too :D

Last edited:

bdeming101

if i we're you i'd use the sir-g motor. I also own one myself. The only reason why i say that is because your pretty much set with everything 1 less custom drilling for vtec oil line or tampering with the ecu (even though you still have to modify your p72, its not as much as if you went with a whole new set up -b20block/gsrhead). boost the jdm gsr and let me know how it goes so i could do it too :D

yeah i decided to go with the GSR, now ive gotta spare b20 to play with :rocker: im prolly going to make it a b20 frank, find a gsr tranny and find a crx to drop it in. but ill keep you posted about the boosted gsr.. thanks for your input.

phatintegra

Banned
B20 will give you more TQ and the piston is also a little larger. The GSR block has the oil squirts. If it was me I do the B20/VTEC because you get more tq and with the VTEC head you will also get top end as well.

jznsn2u

bro you didn't get your sir-g with the tranny? when i got my motor&tranny it came with lsd xD

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
PLEASE don't do a B20/VTEC. Why would you put a VTEC head w/ cams that require 8k+ RPM's for maximum operation on a bottom end that only revs to 6800? The B20 bottom end is in no way balanced for use with a GSR head. Plus it has lower compression pistons so you're hurting yourself in that aspect as well. If the B18C rotating assembly can smoothly transplant to the B20 block, then you could do it. Otherwise, have fun blowing that motor up in a few thousand miles. I don't know if the pistons will even have enough clearance if you transplant the B18C bottom end.

You're better off finishing out your build on the B18C in my opinion.

bdeming101

PLEASE don't do a B20/VTEC. Why would you put a VTEC head w/ cams that require 8k+ RPM's for maximum operation on a bottom end that only revs to 6800? The B20 bottom end is in no way balanced for use with a GSR head. Plus it has lower compression pistons so you're hurting yourself in that aspect as well. If the B18C rotating assembly can smoothly transplant to the B20 block, then you could do it. Otherwise, have fun blowing that motor up in a few thousand miles. I don't know if the pistons will even have enough clearance if you transplant the B18C bottom end.

You're better off finishing out your build on the B18C in my opinion.

yeah i thought about it more, went with the gsr.. got it back in last night, hopefully it will fire up today haha thanks for your opinon

phatintegra

Banned
We done a built B20/VTEC (GSR head) swap in a bucket (civic hatch) compression at 10:8, always run it on the track for a good 5 years now and it's DD and we are getting to boost it on top.