what'supp 97prelude vs 98gsr, who wins?

V-TEGkickINGin

a week ago this prelude white one, dropped, look like it got heat. I was going home from skool(college). This dude rev'ing at me. (me i don't rev at poeple i just cruise). we pulled up to the light, a green light and waited for a red light. im launching at 2rpm, lights turn green, we going, 1 gear im up, i shift into 2nd he's up by his hood and door, I switch into 3rd and at 6,000 rpm my VTEC is screaming fuking loud as fuk, I took him about 2 car lengths, im stock to.

slikk

Money Getter
nice run .. you make the Tegs proud......

now stop posting in the wrong forums. this is a street track post ...

hadjie85

meh, i rip my bro's prelude all the time. he has a 98, i have of course a 94. we both have about the same pop as far as HP goes, the difference is VTEC. his car VTECs at 5200 and he redlines at 7000. a GSR VTECs at 4500, then secondary VTEC kicks in at 6000, and we redline at 8000, so we can hold our gear longer and whoop em easy.

good run man. :thumbup:

DownShift96GSR

Nicely done. I can say I'm not suprised though if you look at power to weight ratio and the gearing and VTEC kick in. But still, a W is a W.

KrNxRaCer00

94tegT3 turbo said:
nice run man. this prelude was a SOHC VTEC right?
they didn't put a SOHC VTEC motor in a prelude...ever...(not in the states atleast...)

if it was the 97-up style, then it'd be running the H22 (only motor in the generation in the states.)

as for the race, you were simply a better driver then. each car runs "around" a 15.2-4 so it was pretty even overall. props to you for being a the driver of that race.

the comment about having a higher redline and "holding gears longer" is very untrue. your redline point has some influence on which speed you will have to shift, but it comes down a LOT more to gear ratios. there are cars that redline below 6000, yet they can reach 80-100 mph in 2nd gear alone. i've owned a gsr, and you're looking at 3rd for 80's and 4th for anything above that.

just wanted to correct those mistakes...

DownShift96GSR

KrNxRaCer00 said:
they didn't put a SOHC VTEC motor in a prelude...ever...(not in the states atleast...)

if it was the 97-up style, then it'd be running the H22 (only motor in the generation in the states.)

as for the race, you were simply a better driver then. each car runs "around" a 15.2-4 so it was pretty even overall. props to you for being a the driver of that race.

the comment about having a higher redline and "holding gears longer" is very untrue. your redline point has some influence on which speed you will have to shift, but it comes down a LOT more to gear ratios. there are cars that redline below 6000, yet they can reach 80-100 mph in 2nd gear alone. i've owned a gsr, and you're looking at 3rd for 80's and 4th for anything above that.

just wanted to correct those mistakes...
I switch from 3rd to 4th gear at around 95MPH, and my 4th goes all the way to 125MPH before I go to 5th

MoJoJoJo

Banned
your drove ur car up to 125mph? WTF? bet u my nitrous turbo charged 3.0L Skyline Nur M Spec GTR Engine GEO METRO will whoop all of ya =) dont judge a book by its cover...my Geo Metro is the SHIT!

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
hadjie85 said:
a GSR VTECs at 4500, then secondary VTEC kicks in at 6000, and we redline at 8000
A GSR's VTEC activates at 4400 rpm's, and the secondaries open at 5700 rpm's. Just to encourage accuracy around here... :)

Todd

token ex-mod
TegSox said:
A GSR's VTEC activates at 4400 rpm's, and the secondaries open at 5700 rpm's. Just to encourage accuracy around here... :)
mine doesnt, it engages at 4500 and 6000 like clockwork

Black_GS

You guys lucky wit ur 2 stage V-tec..I have no V-tec but LS motor strong throughtout the whole powerband..but V-tec Helps..

Todd

token ex-mod
Black_GS said:
You guys lucky wit ur 2 stage V-tec..I have no V-tec but LS motor strong throughtout the whole powerband..but V-tec Helps..
ls + turbo = ownage

peacekeeper

KrNxRaCer00 said:
actually they did. the 96? and older model S came with a single overhead cam 2.0l? motor. either way i know they came with them and they are slower than hell.

916INTEGRA

93-96 Preludes were offered with a 2.3L engine SOHC aswell. My friend has one and yeah they are slow as hell. But the same model with a v-tec motor will whoop ass because the body is so light and the motor is doing around 190 hps.