Wheel bearing bad or no?!

DerekLS

Hey guys, recently i noticed that my front passenger side wheel appears to be more inboard or more past the fender than the rest of my wheels , the other three are flush like normal, one of my friends earlier said he thinks it's the wheel bearing & i have noticed some in/out play with the brakes when i have the wheel off

Here's the driver side wheel:

Here's the passenger one that got me buggin lol:

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
is your spindle nut tight? has the car ever been hit in the front to get the frame out of alignment? any damage on that fender or side of the car?
i dont think its your bearings, you would hear a loud hum from that area if it was them, or if its really bad a grinding noise when your going slow. also to check, lift the front of your car up and see if theres any play in the wheen (up, down, left, right) cause thats another indication of bad bearings

edit: i have in and out play in my brakes too, ive done the back bearings and front cv joint repair on mine and the brakes have a small screw holding them on tight (factory for holding the rotors in place while the car is being assembled i believe), with that off it will be just your wheel and caliper holding them on. i think its normal but you might want to get another opinion about it though cause i got my car for 1100 bucks and it was not in the best shape

Last edited:

DerekLS

Yeah the car was salvaged from front end damage so that's a factor for sure & like u there's play there too, also while turning left or doing a u turn i hear the wheel hitting against the inner fender lining, which also has exposed metal from rubbing too, but any time i'm going straight or turning right there's no' issue

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you look lowered the bottom wheel looks like its cambered in more

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
could be just from damage, also check your shocks and other parts, something might be out of alignment. what size tires are you riding on. i got 215/45/r17 for the summer and they rub on really fast, sharp turns

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
jack up the car and wiggle the wheel with your hands on 12 and 6 oclock if it moves the wheel bearing is bad. 3 and 9 oclock is the tie rod