Wheel color options

Rayda9

Got optional 15 inch 5 slots on my DA.. took the old paint off them to repaint.. Color ideas?

These are the wheels before.. Took off the black and got them cleaned and all, just looking for good paint ideas.

Rayda9

Unfortunately I dont have the center caps. Though I dont think i'd use them only because im not a fan of how the wheels look with them on.

94RS

No fucks given.
Of course I picked the one picture that doesn't work in my first post.... Fixed now.

Try polishing them?

not anther cody

I really want to do the wrx gold that they have on the wheels. If you could find the paint code that would look sweet on the black

Rayda9

The wrx gold on the 5 slots I got? I do like the gold for sure, but wouldnt it be a little too much for the entire wheel?

94RS

No fucks given.
Think they'd look good just polished?
It looks like the person you got it from painted the slots black themselves.

These kinda look polished because they new in box, but the slots are grey. I'd think they'd look alright if you just polished the whole rim.

Rayda9

Either that, or mine are knockoffs.. The slots on mine look wayyy bigger than what your pic shows, 94RS.. But then again, it could be my semi-poor eyesight. But yeah, seeing your pic makes me think a good polish would be perfect! Also I noticed that when I used air craft paint stripper to get the old paint off, it almost made parts of the wheels look like they've rotted.. Kinda like a white residue was left on them, dry, rough, and crumbly a little.

Last edited:

DarkDB1

Ray... You actually stumbled across a old set of Enkei EK82's. The black painted insides are original... I would actually restore them since they are kind of rare.

The ones everyone else are talking about are the wheels that came on the 1990-1991 Integra GS and LS-S... optional for black DA's/DB's they did have black painted centers, lighter colors had grey... White LS-S had all white...

I had the OEM ones on my first DB1 which had every available option except for the rear spoiler (leather, sunroof, power everything, OEM 6 Disc CD Changer [super rare but it was soo sensitive and didn't play burned CDs], arm rest etc...)

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
s***, DarkDB1 is right. I thought the inside spoke looked thinner than the OEM ones.

With knowing what they are now, I'd honestly rock steelies for a while and restore these wheels properly (center caps, black repainted).

Rayda9

DarkDB1 and 94RS you both rock!! Thank you for helping me avoid disaster. I will restore these rightly and I know a place that can help me do that. Thank you both!

94RS

No fucks given.
No problem, throw some steelies on for the time being and keep us posted on the Enkei's. Good luck on finding the center caps though, I looked on eBay and only saw ones for the Aeronautics (EK84 in the pic).

You might have to check up on VW Vortex to find them, you know how many wheel whores there are on there.

Rayda9

very true, I was thinking and may do steelies for now but all the places around here all want like.. 2k for refurb and painting the slots plus polishing the rest.. One person said they'd be able to get rid of the scratches and knicks plus do all over hyper silver on them for 220 with clear coat.. Might do that til my job situation improves and then i'll do them up right.. Deff gonna keep ya'll posted.