Wheel hub gone bad, new install

SOMD_GSR_STi

Flatout Performance
Ok so my passenger front wheel hub has gone bad and im getting annoyed with the "howling". I don't have a press (because they are press outs) I am picking up a new rotor and spindle w/ hub for 25 bucks. How hard is the uninstall and install of this project? I should be picking the parts up in a lil bit then attempting to do this tonight. I just have to have it done tonight so i can take my car to work in the morning.

teggyboi59

95teggy
Its very easy jst take the axle nut off take the spindle off which is upper control arm lower control arm nd outter tie rod nd brakes nd u good to go bro

mjones73

So your replacing your bad bearing with a completely new knuckle and hub or with used parts? It's the bearing that's bad by the way, not the hub.

Last edited:

DARKNGL

Amigo del Wraith
^^^^^^^^^^^ I believe he is replacing a complete knuckle assemble with another instead of replacing the bearing.

Since you are going this route you now have time to repair the bad bearing and re-install it back on the car with no down time. That's exactly what I am doing except with my extra knuckles I am replacing the bearings on them and then swapping them in instead of taking chances with the used bearings.

mjones73

Take the spindle out, take it to a shop with a press, put a new bearing in, re-install the spindle.

Or as DARKNGL stated, replace the spindle then have someone press in a new one in the old spindle and keep it as a spare or put it back on the car at your leisure.