Wheel Noise Problem

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Research hasn't brought anything up on this problem so I am lookin for some insight from you guys. Ever since I bought my teg the front left wheel sounds like it has a warped rotor so I replaced rotors and pads and that didn't fix it. Since then I have ignored it because I have nowhere safe to really work on my car. Recently the noise has gotten louder. I noticed when I am turning right the noise goes away, and the colder it is the worse the noise is. Any ideas?

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Jus took a quick ride this morning and the noise was loud. When I stopped I got out and felt the caliper and the rotor. Neither were hot, could it be the dust cover? This just doesn't make sense to me and is frustrating. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

DAmondread

If it is a honing noise like metal rubbing, I would venture to guess you might have a wheel bearing going bad. Im not that well versed in replacing these parts, but i do know it has to be pressed into place. One route for a good solid answer is drop her off to a honda dealership and pay to be diagnosed. Then bring her home and fix her up. I do that alot with weird noises, and shimmies in the suspension as I am not that experienced with trouble shooting them.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
^Good point, I might have to do that before the summer when I head up to middle-of-nowhereville

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Looked into wheel bearings, it says that it doesn't increase with speed, when brakes are applied it gets louder, and when turning it gets louder. Mine doesn't do any of that, turn right it goes away, faster I go the faster the noise becomes and when I brake it stays the same volume

Camarokid

Stay thirsty my friends
wheel bearing hoime, all day long!

Camarokid

Stay thirsty my friends
also check yur tire tread on the issue wheel. if its cupping it will make that noise.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
jack up your car and grab the wheel at 12 and 6 oclock and rock it, if it has play its your wheel bearing, try tightening the axle nut and see if that helps if not replace it.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Thanks guys, I jacked it up yesterday before I read this stuff and tried to bend back my dust cover cuz I have heard that they rub a lot on DAs and the noise did get quieter but was still there. But Ima will try what samurai and camaro said cuz I want it completely gone. Thanks again