What do you think?

• Gold

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Lime Green

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
So I'm currently looking to buy a set of wheels in the next week or so. Right now I have some 17's which I think are too big and "bling" for what I want to do.I have Koni/gc that I am waiting for free time to install and want a set of 16x8's. I've settled on xxr 521's but the question is what color? I've been looking at gold and wanted to take the fake screws and paint them alternating blue and pink with neochrome extended lugs. But I recently saw the lime green ones. My car is a 99 white gsr with an oem optional kit (unpainted for now) Was thinking about painting the sides and rear valances to match and doing blue/pink splatter paint on the front lip but havent decided on if I want it painted to match or left black. If I go with the lime green it throws off the whole color scheme I wanted to go with since it's so vibrant.

tl;dr: Wanted gold wheels but recently saw lime green. Unsure what color to get.

go

green

Last edited:

Kyle

Gold. But I hope you plan on dumping your car, those XXRs have some pretty low offsets and will only look good on a slammed car imo.

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
Gold. But I hope you plan on dumping your car, those XXRs have some pretty low offsets and will only look good on a slammed car imo.
Yea I plan on going as low as my roads will allow. I already rolled my fenders and hammered flat my pinch welds. I have my koni/gc waiting to go in once I get some free time.

whitedc4

Seriously Patrick you JUST got real wheels. You're gonna get on the buy real or die wagon too?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Seriously Patrick you JUST got real wheels. You're gonna get on the buy real or die wagon too?
Lol, or die? I merely made a suggestion. I was really upset when I sold my 26lbs wheels I bought for like $1,400 with rubber for $420 in less than a year. When the price point is pretty close for Enkeis and other reputable brands, Idk why you would go with an XXR

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Why? He isn't tracking his car... What's the point?
So that's your goal, to argue with me today? Not too sure what you have going on, but you read into my three word post quite a bit.
It's like wall mart shoes, if you can avoid it, why buy them when those DC's are obviously a better choice

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Not everyone has the money for real wheels. Especially when the car is daily driven. I know real wheels are better made with better materials and yada yada. But I cant justify spending more on wheels than I did on the car.
I'm daily driven. You'd be surprised at what you could find for cheap, especially if you're willing to work out the ugly. A lot of people try and paint their wheels, fuck them up, then sell them for cheap.
How much are you planning on spending for your wheels? Are they gonna be bnib?
People always say, "It's impossible"; try saying, "How would this be possible?"...

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Not everyone has the money for real wheels. Especially when the car is daily driven. I know real wheels are better made with better materials and yada yada. But I cant justify spending more on wheels than I did on the car.
Real wheels don't have to cost an arm and a leg, you just have to know how to look barter and deal. All said and done, I got my SSR's for $150 out of pocket out the door. Not impossible, just takes some effort :)

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
And not buying name brand wheels because your car is daily driven doesn't really make sense to me; not sure what your line of reasoning was on that one