What do you think?

• Gold

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Lime Green

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
I'm daily driven. You'd be surprised at what you could find for cheap, especially if you're willing to work out the ugly. A lot of people try and paint their wheels, f*** them up, then sell them for cheap.
How much are you planning on spending for your wheels? Are they gonna be bnib?
People always say, "It's impossible"; try saying, "How would this be possible?"...
they are about 118 a wheel. Plus this is the style I'm looking for. If I had the money I would like a set of RS's but that Isn't in the budget. I like the look of these XXR's I was just asking on color opinion. I think that if you do it right it doesnt matter what wheels you have. Coy has one of the nicest tegs I've ever seen and he's rocking XXR's.

whitedc4

So that's your goal, to argue with me today? Not too sure what you have going on, but you read into my three word post quite a bit.
It's like wall mart shoes, if you can avoid it, why buy them when those DC's are obviously a better choice

Really? That reply wasn't even to you... Read up and notice I was saying it to "hondareal" and no I'm fighting with you Im really baffled as to why everyone who gets real wheels makes a fuss when they had no issues with knock offs. I loved my Konigs they were pretty got the job done and looked nice.

Now my Konigs on my civic got bent when I ran over a ladder hurtling towards me but my Volks have a slight bent on the outside lip but it doesn't affect drivability just there.

whitedc4

I didn't punctuate that at all lol.read it best u can.

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
And not buying name brand wheels because your car is daily driven doesn't really make sense to me; not sure what your line of reasoning was on that one
Daily driving puts a lot more wear and tear on the wheels. I'd have to worry about rock chips, people trying to steal them, brake dust eating into them, etc. I dont want to be worried about my real wheels when I leave my car parked on campus all day, or when I'm at work. Prime example, I hit a pot hole a couple of weeks ago on the highway and bent one of the lips on my current wheels. If I did that on an expensive or rare wheel I'd be pissed, but since they were pretty cheap I'm only moderately upset about it. I figure they're the style, size, and offset I'm looking for plus they're brand new.

HonDaReal

U can get legit rims for at almost the same price as rotas and all those replica rims. And if ur worried about theft ur xxr are gonna get stolen just as fast as real rims lol and if u are gonna buy replica rims, buy them used at least u wont lose as much money when u want to sell them and step up ur game to legit wheels. Oh and i daily drive my volks and my weds sports

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
they are about 118 a wheel. Plus this is the style I'm looking for. If I had the money I would like a set of RS's but that Isn't in the budget. I like the look of these XXR's I was just asking on color opinion. I think that if you do it right it doesnt matter what wheels you have. Coy has one of the nicest tegs I've ever seen and he's rocking XXR's.
I've seen wheels, with tires for like $700 or $800 in decent condition. I bought my wheels for less than $1k with like 500 miles on them and the tires. If you have your heart set on them, then go ahead; I'm just offfering some very viable options.
Food for thought: My plan, when I was worried about dropping $2,200 on wheels and tires, was to collect replica/crappy wheels at a decent price, then sell however many sets I had by then and buy a set of the TE's I wanted so bad.
And yes, Coy has a beautiful Teg, but he is also limited in travel, considering his dummy low-ass ride height; so he is obviously not inflicting the amount of abuse I would on my functional stance
Really? That reply wasn't even to you... Read up and notice I was saying it to "hondareal" and no I'm fighting with you Im really baffled as to why everyone who gets real wheels makes a fuss when they had no issues with knock offs. I loved my Konigs they were pretty got the job done and looked nice.

Now my Konigs on my civic got bent when I ran over a ladder hurtling towards me but my Volks have a slight bent on the outside lip but it doesn't affect drivability just there.
I didn't really mind my old wheels, but at the same time, I knew they were not what I needed or wanted. Not bad for the hardparking crowd, I guess, but not for me at all. When I got new wheels, I was amazed at the difference, and I overall just feel better about it. Like I said, this is the difference between buying Wal Mart shoes and DC's or Nike or whatever you may be into. There is a noticeable difference, although the Wal Mart shoes work, the pair of Pumas is much more desirable to me
Daily driving puts a lot more wear and tear on the wheels. I'd have to worry about rock chips, people trying to steal them, brake dust eating into them, etc. I dont want to be worried about my real wheels when I leave my car parked on campus all day, or when I'm at work. Prime example, I hit a pot hole a couple of weeks ago on the highway and bent one of the lips on my current wheels. If I did that on an expensive or rare wheel I'd be pissed, but since they were pretty cheap I'm only moderately upset about it. I figure they're the style, size, and offset I'm looking for plus they're brand new.
I love my wheels, and worrying about thieves is always on the mind, but it is not going to stop me from rolling something I really enjoy. I'm sick of letting those low life mother fuckers dictate what I do to my car. I don't build my car for cops, and I don't build my car for crooks; I build my car for me. I worry about my wheels and my hood both being daily driven, but I'm just not interested in being the guy with a parts pile; well, I mean, I have a parts pile, but it's all old stuff.
Don't get confused and thnk I'm downing you; I actually like that people roll rep's (as long as you don't sticker them), it makes my wheels more of a treat for people to see.

whitedc4

Idk man wal mart shoes to Rotas lol wal mart shoes last about a week whereas Rotas can last as long as you want. My grids lasted for a long time. My friend bought them brand new ad rolled on them for about a year he sold them to me I had them for 3 months got in a collision that broke my cam gear cracked my tranny housing and destroyed my knee... Yet the grids survived without the slightest bend.. I let them sit for a year and a half then put them on my last car and used them for 4 months and sold them.. They can take a beating i am sure of it.

whitedc4

Btw I've had the same wal mart flip flops for going on 2 years they're really worn down and uncomfortable but I'm too lazy to go buy more lol

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I got my flip flops at JC Pennies, I think. They are leather Ed Hardy's and covered in skulls, lmao... I've probly had them for 4-5 years now that I think about it.

Edit: lmao...thought this was the chat thread for a sec...

Last edited:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Yeah, that's true... Volk, SSR, BBS, etc. should just close their doors since all these other wheels are of similar quality for half the price.
Imma go grab some rotas.. Maybe if I'm lucky enough they'll trade straight across for my SSR's

5ive-0

Freshest
I had slips on my hatch that was a dd/ track car. Ran that for a couple years before the hatch got stolen along with the slips on it. If u got the money for legit wheels then get legit wheels. If ppl are on a budget and wanna get reps....then get them man. Pretty sure it will still look dope on the 521's and roll fine on the street.

But to get back on topic.....i say gold man especially on white. But i kinda favor gold in white lol. I was thinking about getting the black with machined face. But im saving for a 5lug/ Te or regas

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I'm a green fan, so if you're going to, I would like to see the greens. I thought about running some green mesh