Wheel set back

DB2 B17A1

Corner Junkie
the owner of this car before me hit those cement blocks in the parking lot, i checked under the car and the crossmember is a little bent but not that bad.....ish; and its missing the little center beam that goes long ways from the cross member. I looked at everything under the driverside fender well and no lca's or anything like that was bent.

Notice the front wheel

My driver side is starting to make slight noise sometimes when i drive, comes and goes if this helps anything.

Is this a pricey fix?

Last edited:
A guy here in Richmond had the same problem. He got Accord torsion bars and just drilled the hole out a little larger so that he could use them. They are adjustable where Integra torsion bars arent. This may help with your caster problem.

shocker

i dont know...from the picture it doesnt look like a caster problem at all...it looks like when whoever hit whatever cement thing it shoved the whole wheel back, id have to say you got a bent lower and possibly upper control arm..which is why your hearing noises because its so close to the back of the wheel well its gotta be rubbin and hitting when you drive.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I agree. Looks like a control arm or something of that nature is bent.

PS - Caster isn't visible on a car if the wheel isn't turned. Caster trail determines the angle in which the wheel pivots.

This looks like some bent parts pushing the wheel back and toeing it out

I agree. Looks like a control arm or something of that nature is bent.

PS - Caster isn't visible on a car if the wheel isn't turned. Caster trail determines the angle in which the wheel pivots.

This looks like some bent parts pushing the wheel back and toeing it out
Good point. I just figured that it being so far back would be attributed to caster more so than toe.

If you plan on replacing the bent cross member, just get an ETD traction bar. Its well worth the $360, and is a great alternative to notching out the cross member if you plan on running a header like a Hytech (or similar design).

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Good point. I just figured that it being so far back would be attributed to caster more so than toe.
Well that is essentially the task that caster performs but adjusting caster moves the suspension back or forward to adjust the steering axis angle, it doesn't actually physically move the wheel placement.

I just mentioned the toe because it looks like the wheel is toe'd out a little (unless the steering wheel is just turned) Bent control arms caused by frontal impact usually cause the wheel to toe out

DB2 B17A1

Corner Junkie
everybody tells me that its the control arm although it doesnt look bent, should i just change them out anyways?

tomas1.8ls

my friends 94 honda civic is the same way but it the other side.. he bent the lower control arm and the cross member. but nothing looked bent except the tire was pushed back. he repalce upper and lower control arms and then the cross member and that staightend it out but now he has to work on the alighnment. sorry for the spelling im not that good with spelling...lol i hope you can get the car fixed because thats a very nice teg.