Wheel studs... Ugh

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
So my wheel keeps falling off, as most of you should know by now. I finally brought myself to spending the $6 on new wheel studs lol Got the puller from autozone. Could NOT get that fucking hub off. Now I'm in the position of deciding whether or not I want to grind down some of the knuckle. Any ideas? I work at an Acura dealership. One of the tech's here said in some cases they do that to save spending money on a bearing, but don't recommend it. Is this what I'm going to end up doing? lol... I just need to know so I can spend the $100 to get the studs replaced or save it and do them myself. Thanks guys...

Also, what kind of lugs do all you guys use?

hondaproof

hondaproof
what kind of problem are you having trying to get the hub off? if you have stock wheels just use oe studs.

92DB2

yea you can grind the hub i know aloooota of people who do it it will be fine..and grind one side of the stud to at the base were the circle is tap it in and put 2 open end wrenchs on the stud put the lug and tighten it so it pulls it into place

heykosal

Angkorian
Your wheels keep falling off? Get that taken care of ASAP! I once bought a set of wheels from edgeracing.com, they sent me "tuner" lug nuts for free and I used them. They kept coming loose, I had to tighten them after every drive, even normal(not spirited) driving.

One day my left front wheel fell off, I wrecked and totaled the car:cry:

eff edgeracing..

btw, I'd always tighten them to spec.