When my NSX calipers isn't enough...

PogKai

B20VTEC
When my NSX front calipers were not enough braking power (lol, yeah right)... here's the solution:

Lucky me, I got my hands on rear NSX calipers.. now I can have NSX brakes all around.
This setup will upgrade my rear solid 9" disc to ventilated 11" disc.

there's few people who have done it. I can assure this is no bolt on swap.. this might take a while to figure it out how to install.

oh, and here's a pic of the fronts installed:

I am doing this most for the bling.. car brakes awesome as it is.. Any comment welcomed!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Nice. Now powdercoat the calipers to match :thumbs up

It doesn't seem like that would stop very well though without an adjustable prop valve considering the NSX brake distrubition is balanced way more rearward than an Integra should be

Last edited:

heykosal

Angkorian
Nice. Now powdercoat the calipers to match :thumbs up

It doesn't seem like that would stop very well though without an adjustable prop valve considering the NSX brake distrubition is balanced way more rearward than an Integra should be
That makes sense.

So you said vented 11" in the rear, what size are the fronts? And they fit under 16" wheels?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Front and rear brakes are the same size on early the NSX.

I think it was in 97 the fronts got slightly bigger but the rears are even bigger than the fronts

Last edited:

nautica_t

wouldn't you need a bigger m/c and booster to accommodate the extra clamping force?
and yeah a prop valve should be used though.

Ericb

DRIFTERRRRRRRRRRR
i dont think i could fit bigger brakes on mine. with my 15'' rota group n's i have literally a mm of clearance around the caliper.