Where are the spark plugs on 3gen teg's ( please dont flame!)

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
ok, so i have not changed my spark plugs since i have owned my car and thats almost about 3 and half years now, but what i want to know is where the fuck are they on the engine? in the dizzy? or underr the valve cover? i honestly have no idea! i dont work on engines at all. i want too but i never have time, to just take shit apart and put it back together. so please enlighten me!

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
im sure its easy to change them, but im hearing that you have to do it in a certain order or something? other wise you'll have detonation problems or something?

PA_Tegra

do it from left to right!! and no you wont have any det problems!! ppl just lieing!! buy bosh plaitnum 4's the work great!!!

DCstatus

is JDM status
no dont buy those.. just buy oem ngk r's not iridium. dont waste your money on expensive stuff for no reason. you know those wires going from your distributor to your engine? those are your spark plug wires. they lead to your spark plugs. pull those out and get a 3/5 or 3/8 socket. i forget which one. and a 6inch extension. pull those out and go buy new ones. just ask for oem ngk. gap them to .44 or have them gap them for you if you dont know how.

heykosal

Angkorian
no dont buy those.. just buy oem ngk r's not iridium. dont waste your money on expensive stuff for no reason. you know those wires going from your distributor to your engine? those are your spark plug wires. they lead to your spark plugs. pull those out and get a 3/5 or 3/8 socket. i forget which one. and a 6inch extension. pull those out and go buy new ones. just ask for oem ngk. gap them to .44 or have them gap them for you if you dont know how.
Iridium plugs have been dyno proven to make more power. Less than 5hp at the wheels on average but more power nonetheless.

But dont gap them.

PA_Tegra

bosh are good!!!!!!!!! <-- runnin 91 octane!!! idk why.... but i feel like i have to buy the best gas!! lol..

DCstatus

is JDM status
bosh are good!!!!!!!!! <-- runnin 91 octane!!! idk why.... but i feel like i have to buy the best gas!! lol..
lol u crack me up. you drive an ls there is no need to run 91 octane. 87 is fine. and those bosch platnum things are garabage. just a waste of money they do no better than oem.

PA_Tegra

lol u crack me up. you drive an ls there is no need to run 91 octane. 87 is fine. and those bosch platnum things are garabage. just a waste of money they do no better than oem.
dont make fun of my ls!!! she has tt boxer engine!!! j/k!!:lol: runn 91 because car has always been ran at that... dont wanna change anythin up

DCstatus

is JDM status
lol im not making fun. i drive an ls too.lol you can keep runing 91 all you want. its good that you want to take care of your car. i do to my fullest extent as well. i just dont do things that do make a difference to it. like i wash it myself bec car washes suck and dont work and they scratch you paint. i do all my own oil changes or take it to honda...will be doing that tmw. i do usually all my own work. i know how you feel. we all love our teggies like they are our children.haha we gotta baby them.lol

PA_Tegra

lol im not making fun. i drive an ls too.lol you can keep runing 91 all you want. its good that you want to take care of your car. i do to my fullest extent as well. i just dont do things that do make a difference to it. like i wash it myself bec car washes suck and dont work and they scratch you paint. i do all my own oil changes or take it to honda...will be doing that tmw. i do usually all my own work. i know how you feel. we all love our teggies like they are our children.haha we gotta baby them.lol
ya... have you seen my post about ppl tryin to steal my car??? :( i still have nightmares! but i got new door soo it should be gettin painted in the next month.. about washin car... i washed my 3 times this week!! and waxed it on wed... i know its noot good but in PA theres a lot of dust... freakin hate it. last time i went to car was my freakin turn signel cracked!!! damn!!! feel like eversince my dad gave me the car stupid lil crap has been happenin... but i still love my teggy!! DC here's that post..

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=19351

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
Spark plugs are very simple get a haynes manul that will help you out alot or just simply ask your local auto parts store.