where can i buy obd1 ecu plugs?

natt2000

hey guys, im looking to buy some ecu plugs that i can use in converting my car from obd0 to obd1. i plan on repinning the normal pins of the ecu, and taking the wide plugs of obd1 and redoing them so the pins plug into the obd1 plugs and pinning the whole thing correctly. so basicly im putting an obd1 ecu plug on an obd1 harness and was wondering, where can i get the plugs? its for a p72

edit:could i just buy a 30 dollar obd 2a-1 harness, depin the obd1 plugs and then put the obd0 plugs in? along with repinning the wide obdo plugs into the small pins and into the obd1 plug?

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
Well you could always chop up a junkyard harness. I'm not sure where to buy it new.

Why not just buy a conversion plug?

Prozon

Kris
Well you could always chop up a junkyard harness. I'm not sure where to buy it new.

Why not just buy a conversion plug?

natt2000

i want it to look stock, while saving money. what harness could i use from the junkyard? just any obd1 harness? where can i get the small and large pins to go in the harness?

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
Cut and splice the new plug into your OBD0 harness.
If I understand what you're asking you just want the OBD1 plug on your OBD0 harness to run OBD1 ECU's?

I'm sure you can pull up a wiring diagram to match the wires, just cut a plug off a junkyard harness with some wires still attached.