where did my VTEC go?

GSratedR

Rated R
k so i did my timing just recently and everything was fine the car runs and idles a bit better and whatever but today i realized on the way to work that my VTEC is not working. it worked fine before i did the timing. i cant hear it or feel it when it is supposed to kick in. i have it set a 4800rpm but when i get on it it dosent do anything. its like driving an LS (no offence to those w/ the LS i just like the sound lol) it runs fine just... no VTEC. you guys have no i dea how beat to shit my DC2 is. mabey ill post it for yall to see and point and laugh at one day. any help would be amazing. thanx.

blitzillist

Professional RiceR
id say check the oil, if you have low oil vtec is programmed safeguard to not come on with low oil

GSratedR

Rated R
wow rub it in lol. yeah im gonna go check to see if i throw ne codes tommorow i just checked my oil and all is well. so wow its been two days now and im going crazy. someone told me that because i did my own timing bel i m ight have throw the timing code and that might be why its not working.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
he's from another country. so this might be new to him.

well lets see i guess GSratedR is the first to have a non-vtec b18c1. lol. that amazes me. i was gonna work on my timing belt, but now im backing out. :lol:

GSratedR

Rated R
lol. im at a loss now and its like day 3 with no vtec. i checked to see if i threw any codes today and there was nothing. everything says my car is a-ok. so i have no f ing clue as to whats up. welcome to the wonderfull world of GSR nonvtec. rated r for retarded.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Maybe you're out of VTEC fluid! :lol: j/k

Did you ever check out the VTEC soleniod though