Where Do You Mount Your Crossovers?

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
Im talking about the front door component setup. Before i had them installed on the door panel in the back and they were a hassle to disconnect when i remove my panels. is there another spot on the door itself to mount on? im thinking behind the arm rest area but the door doesn't have anything behind to mount on. im trying to get some ideas and if i have to fabricate a mount

tweeter, crossover, 6.5 speaker setup.

btw not my car but just to get an idea.im thnking about that spot to the left of the metal bracket in the middle. but its a blank area. behind the cover.

Last edited:

mjones73

Same way I just mounted mine, used some short screws and punched some holes through the door. Just make sure they aren't too long and hit the glass.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I'll be getting in my door panels soon and I'll take pics of mine, Pretty sure that's very similar to what I did though^

whitedc4

i put mine in the black thingy..........its plastic and i'm sure it has some purpose but i was able to mount it inside of it drill the holes into the plastic part only so it wouldn't go into the door and it worked for me..

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i put mine in the black thingy..........its plastic and i'm sure it has some purpose but i was able to mount it inside of it drill the holes into the plastic part only so it wouldn't go into the door and it worked for me..
lol whats funny is i think i know what you're talking about. ROFL. thats where i had it before, and i lost one for the passenger door :(

whitedc4

yeah its an odd shape and its like a shadow box almost i got s2k ones from their door panels and they fit better for the crossovers like it slid in and i almost didn't have to drill them in