where is my vtec?

jaheeezy

Ok so i had this 94 gsr for 2 months now. It has a apexi vtec controller and i think that that controller might be messing up the vtec because i rev it up to 5000 rpm and i dont feel anything. it runs the same as my ls sorry for the noob question. also i don't know how to use the damn thing...

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Check the options. Engagement may be set to a higher rpm. Try and google the manual.
It also could be wired wrong and the circuit is dead.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Should definately be visible on screen with that. And unless you have certain modifications or a type r you arent going to feel vtec on a b18c. On a stock gsr you can hardly hear it let alone feel it. By "rev" i assume u mean full throttle in gear.

gugiey

Should definately be visible on screen with that. And unless you have certain modifications or a type r you arent going to feel vtec on a b18c. On a stock gsr you can hardly hear it let alone feel it. By "rev" i assume u mean full throttle in gear.
yep i own a type r and when i have driven gsr's and such the vtec is no where near noticeable

Muckman

Not a M0derator
The GSR IAB switch over is more noticeable than VTEC. GSR cams aren't aggressive enough to hear the switch.