Where to find a 2" flange?

pinkley

b@115D33p
I feel stupid asking but...As the title says, where the f can I find a 2" two hole flange? I've searched Google and all I could find was 2.25,2.5,2.75 and so on. And none of the auto parts stores around me carry them. Do they even make a flange thats 2"?? I bought a header from Jake with a 2" out So I'm looking for a flange to weld onto the test pipe I'm getting. Any help would be appreciated!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
any test pipe will fit, unless its a 2.5" collector. i suggest waiting to see if the test pipe fits. a 2.36" exhaust will fit to the stock cat which is 2" so the same theory should apply

pinkley

b@115D33p
any test pipe will fit, unless its a 2.5" collector. i suggest waiting to see if the test pipe fits. a 2.36" exhaust will fit to the stock cat which is 2" so the same theory should apply
I don't know why I called it a "test pipe" its actually a dumby cat. Basically the same thing I guess you could say. I haven't ordered it yet, they have them in quarter inch increments going from 2"-3". Would a 2.25" be my best bet or go with a 2"?? I'm a retard when it comes to exhaust!

pinkley

b@115D33p
you wont notice the difference it will be fine i think thats what i have for now
You have me confused! Lol
The dumby cats don't have flange on them. I'll need to weld them on myself, so should I go with a 2" in and out or get a 2.25 in and out? Would the 2.25" line up with the 2" out on the header?
Id save myself the trouble and take it to the local muffler shop but that guy is a douche and won't work on my car because its lowered and he can't get it on His rack.

Last edited:

pinkley

b@115D33p
Cut the flanges off your old cat. Then send your old cat to me ;)
God damnit Jake your a fucking genius! Why didn't I think of that!? Half way asleep and mind is going a million mph! You wouldn't want my cat. Shit rattling on the inside.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
If they are domestics, they aren't worth much, but I can scrap most imports for around $70. A premium is worth over $100 or so.

darksands

The "cats" on ebay are just resonators. You wont find a real cat for 5-10 bucks. I picked up a USDM ITR header with a 2.25" collector and I was unable to find a test pipe that fit cause the donut gasket is larger than most of the inlets on the test pipes. I ended up just cutting off the donut gasket and welding the test pipe onto the header. If I need want to sell the headers I can easily cut off the pipe on the test pipe (10-15 bucks on ebay) and it will be good to go. The sound is quieter when rev-ing the motor but is louder at idle with the resonator test pipe. Good luck with looking for the flange.

pinkley

b@115D33p
The "cats" on ebay are just resonators. You wont find a real cat for 5-10 bucks. I picked up a USDM ITR header with a 2.25" collector and I was unable to find a test pipe that fit cause the donut gasket is larger than most of the inlets on the test pipes. I ended up just cutting off the donut gasket and welding the test pipe onto the header. If I need want to sell the headers I can easily cut off the pipe on the test pipe (10-15 bucks on ebay) and it will be good to go. The sound is quieter when rev-ing the motor but is louder at idle with the resonator test pipe. Good luck with looking for the flange.
i was talking about damaged junk cats for scrap. they go anywhere from 5-20 bucks.
i ordered a dummy cat off ebay tonight for $48.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-25-Non-Cat-Converter-High-Flow-Straight-Test-Pipe-/310373660515?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo=LVI&itu=UCI&otn=3&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=6223261967250262230
looks like a cat but is actually a delete pipe. they dont check smog where i live but still check to see if you have a cat in order to pass inspection. i figured this was my best bet.