where were you 9 years ago today?

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
I was in school.. grade 4. I remember a couple kids left because they were worried about terrorists bombing major sites around here (Niagara Falls, big power plants around here - lots of tourists). I stayed the day and when I went home I remember watching it on TV.. I didn't really understand then, but have since learned about it all..
Although I don't agree with the war in Iraq, I'm not going to argue endlessly over it. Everyone will have an opinion.. but if I were there, even if I was told not to shoot back.. if someone's shooting at me, you're god damn silly if you don't think I'm gunna shoot back.

mastershank

i was in 4th grade, had gotten to school about an hour before the first plane
our district went into a panic and sent everyone in all of the schools home to be with their families
wasnt exactly sure what was happening, but i was in complete shock.

as for the war...im completely against it but its not like im protesting in the streets or preaching to people...
simply against it because my cousin went and now hes totallly fucked up in the head and has several gunshot wounds
and recently my best friend has left for bootcamp as he is in the marines

i do respect everyone that wheres the uniform though....gotta respect them

Last edited:

JGvtec

Yea i believe i was in 4th grade in spanish class. I think they played the news on the tv when i was watching it. Was very sad, and yes some people think this was all planned by bush. Me i don't think so.

mastershank

Yea i believe i was in 4th grade in spanish class. I think they played the news on the tv when i was watching it. Was very sad, and yes some people think this was all planned by bush. Me i don't think so.
there are some pretty good conspiracy theories that made me think though...

i was in 4th grade, had gotten to school about an hour before the first plane
our district went into a panic and sent everyone in all of the schools home to be with their families
wasnt exactly sure what was happening, but i was in complete shock.

as for the war...im completely against it but its not like im protesting in the streets or preaching to people...
simply against it because my cousin went and now hes totallly fucked up in the head and has several gunshot wounds
and recently my best friend has left for bootcamp as he is in the marines

i do respect everyone that wheres the uniform though....gotta respect them
as much as i DONT agree with the purpose of the war, the war on terror in iraq is over. however yes, it is fucked up over here. afghanistan is set to end by mid to late 2012, so the only "war" well be waiting on is for the terrorists to strike back again, or Iran to come at us like they are planning to do.. and the protestors are horrible.. even tho i dont agree with the reasons were here, when were here we "killing othe humans" to stay alive and ultimately protect everyone from 9/11 happening again. but i cant imagine disrespecting sumone as bad as the protestors at the funerals.. they need to be here so we can use them as human shields, or mine/grenade covers. :twisted:

tgard

I lived in NYC at that time and saw it from Park Slope, Brooklyn, about 3 miles away. After, I went for a walk nearby in Prospect Park while all the charred papers from the Towers floated down from the sky. The whole city was in a collective state of shock for a long time afterward.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i was in 6th grade turned on the tv and thought this shit was a joke but once it was on every chanel i was like wtf. i had no idea of the magnitude of the situation

overheadJake

Weight is the enemy
I was asleep, got a call from my brother yelling at me to turn on the tv. I had found out about 4 days earlier that I was going to be living in NYC for the next 2 years.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
I was in 11th grade Physics class. We went across the hall to watch it on the news. I have all my family in NY so I got pretty worried.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I was eating breakfast getting ready for school (5th grade)... I remember seeing them burning and seeing it on all the news channels but not thinking much of it, I guess that was due to my age. But I will always remember that day.

Thanks to the 343 Fallen Firefighters who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country!!!! Take time to thank a hero today...and God Bless America!!!!!!
practically the same here, but I was in 2nd grade
Your an idiot
^^^ this. The whole conspiracy theory is ridiculous. Anyone who believes it is naive and gullible.

The Panch

The Homie
I wass in first period math class dopest teacher ever, and we didnt hafta do shit. he turned on the news cuz all classes has tvs
(6th grade)

On a side note..my field trip was cancelled cuz they thot we were gonna get hit too (large gathering of kidss)

it was really cold that day. andi had shorts. shit sucked

sumfilipinodude

I just came back from gym in the 4th grade. The teacher just broke the news to us and the whole class went silent. Then we watched it on tv despite all the static on the t.v. and everyone was frantically rushing to go home.

May we never forget.

94SkankinTeggy

94SkankinTeggy
Damn, I was in 4th grade when that happened. I remember waking up for school and went downstairs to eat breakfast. I was downstairs before anyone else. The phone rang and my mom picked it up in her room and the next thing I knew both my parents sprinted down into the kitchen to turn on the news and see what was going on. I had NEVER seen my parents so worked up over something, so I was just like "what the fuck, parents?" I found out later that my aunt had called us from only a few miles away from the towers while she was there for business to let us know what was going down.
The whole day at school my teacher was trying to glaze over the subject when someone would ask what was going on. My family was glued to the television for 48 straight hours over that.