Whey Protein?

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
I just bought some Whey Protein for the first time. My goal is to lose another 20 lbs of fat, and get to build strong lean muscle. Am i using the right stuff? or do i need to take other stuff with it? Any tips are appreciated. i knew if i put this in the work out crew thread no one would read it...

nicoalex2

Thats a good choice. They main thing is eat right and often. Six small meals a day to boost your metabolism. Always eat in the morning. Cardio everyday, even if its just walking for an hour.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
^its hard for me to get the cardio every day... but i try to do something physical every day

mirrorimg

Protein will help with building muscle. It will not help you lose weight. You need to diet properly, reduce calorie intake, and work out often. And dont splurge on sweets/deserts.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
i mean, i set aside timee right after work MWF but im at school TR from 8:30-7 and when i get home im exhausted and only have time to do hw before i pass out... and on the weekends i usually do something pysical atleast once during the weekend... last night happened to be a mosh pit :lol:

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
Protein will help with building muscle. It will not help you lose weight. You need to diet properly, reduce calorie intake, and work out often. And dont splurge on sweets/deserts.
i know taking protien isnt going to cut weight... but i was really asking, is it going to put lean muscle in place of the fat im burning now?

mirrorimg

It will help. Its a protein supplement. Its not going to do anything if you arent really lifting weights.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
^im lifting 3 times a week, and i was told its supposed to be a meal replacement? like i work out right before dinner... so ill work out, then drink the shake in place of dinner?

I_rock_DC

\m/(-_-)\m/
my friend takes it. seems like it works for him but i dont know whats it for but he's cut as hell. no homo. i'm tryin to loose weight also but he's making me lift weights. should i do cardio to loose weight or keep lifting?

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
lifting actually does just as good a job cutting weight as cardio, but you need to do both in order to be both strong and have endurance

mirrorimg

^im lifting 3 times a week, and i was told its supposed to be a meal replacement? like i work out right before dinner... so ill work out, then drink the shake in place of dinner?
No it is not a meal replacement, or atleast it should not be used as one.

I_rock_DC

\m/(-_-)\m/
yeah he tells me that too. i kinda wanna loose the weight first then get buff because i dont wanna be all big and bulky like my other friend lol. i dont wanna look like him.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
No it is not a meal replacement, or atleast it should not be used as one.
what would happen if did do that?
yeah he tells me that too. i kinda wanna loose the weight first then get buff because i dont wanna be all big and bulky like my other friend lol. i dont wanna look like him.
i feel you, thats why i asked about using it... cause i wanna trim down... but i feel like im not getting any stronger no matter how much i lift... im getting thinner... but i feel like im not as strong