Which BOV won't sound crappy?

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
I like the HKS one a lot.... Maybe it's just because I like all HKS stuff lol.

But on our DC4, it's got the Turbo XS RFL, and it's freaking loud. It's just got the generic "PPSSSSHHH" noise, but it's loud as hell, even on only 5psi of boost....

Just look up videos on Youtube and just get one that you like.

Ive had GReddy Type RS, HKS SSQV, and OEM DSM bovs on my DSMs. Personally, I still like the sound that my buddy's TurboSmart made.

Integra36

Can't wait for my GSX!
Well this might sound really stupid but I'm going to ask anyway. Would a turbo kit and BOV installed on an auto be totally ridiculous? Would it still sound alright due to not shifting yourself or would you even hear it at all? Or would it be totally different compared to that of manual? Like when the car shifts auto would it still make a sound and at that sound alright or just wrong? I've personally never heard one on an auto so I'm not sure and that is why I asked. Worth putting on my auto teg?

~Dave

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Nothing wrong with auto turbos to me.

Integra36

Can't wait for my GSX!
Nothing wrong with auto turbos to me.
Well I know a lot of drag cars are auto and some super cars are switching to auto as well. No downtime between shifting. But I wasn;t sure as I've never really heard one in person. I just looked up some vids on youtube but sound gets distorted through microphones and warped a bit more after being uploaded. Sounds alright. Guess it depends on the car, what else is upgraded and all, right?

~Dave

patrick4588

Integra God
if you dont let off in between shifts, i dont see how the bov would release????? as long as the throttle plate never closes, the bov should not open

tapanass

Ive heard good things about synapse but I havnt had ther chance to personally use it. Ive used the HKS SSQV and I liked it