which coilovers are better

jdean41

I personally think if you want good handling and arent as concerned about ride quality go with tein. They make great coilovers. If you are just droppin git for looks then go with the koni yellows and the ground control sleeves. Personally im a coilover guy, i like being able to adjust the dampening and everything myself for different applications.

Exige24

I personally think if you want good handling and arent as concerned about ride quality go with tein. They make great coilovers. If you are just droppin git for looks then go with the koni yellows and the ground control sleeves. Personally im a coilover guy, i like being able to adjust the dampening and everything myself for different applications.
Well, ideally I'd like both, but if I was truthful, I'd be more of the former than the latter since I'm not going to take my teg out to the track. Are Tiens SS's still decent in a ride quality capacity, though maybe not as good as that combo? : /

Last edited:

DarkDB1

I think you got it backwards... Tein SS (SS= Super STREET). A lot of people who actually enjoy taking turns and build their car for it go with the GC and Koni combo, Where people just looking to go lower get the Tein's.

And Koni yellows are dampening adjustable aswell.

jdean41

Ill use cut springs before i use lowering springs. My car has lowering springs with kyb struts and the ride is complete shit, not to mention the fact that even slammed when i take it to the mountain its way to soft and tripods like no bodys businiss. I would never personally purchase lowering springs. If i wasnt selling my teg i would put adjustable coilovers on it but theres no point in dropping almost a grand into it when i have decided to sell it. Id go with teins, the couple cars ive driven with them were both SS and the ride was pretty decent, but they were still nice and firm so u can take corners a little harder.

DarkDB1

You do know that KYB only makes one type of performance strut and that is the AGX, But the problem with those... they only make it for the fronts. There are KYB GR2s that are greyish silver and their made to be OEM replacement shocks/struts... I had those before too at one point. What kind of springs do you have?

I sold my DB on Tokico Illumina's (whites) with H&R Race springs, It was really stiff in level 3-5... Really stiff.

jdean41

Kyb agx on the front and neuspeed on there rear. I dont remember what kind of springs they were cuz they were on when i bought it. But they are horrible. Just about every car ive driven with lowering springs has been horrible.