Which coilovers should I get?

overheadJake

Weight is the enemy
Hey guys I have been stalking this site for a few months, I really like it but now I have a question, I am looking a a couple different types of coilover for my DC4, and I have found a couple for the same price it is mostly for DD, so I just want opinions, personal experience etc, first is the Skunk2 pro-s, Tanabe sustec pros-oc, and some D2 (on the d2's the spring rates are set at 13k/15k front/rear).

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Out of the 3 that you mentioned, I would recommend the Skunk2 Pro-S coilovers. I had the Pro-C and I absolute loved it. The valving on the dampers are definitely better than those on the Tanabe and D2 coilovers.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
ive heard good thngs about Function and Form

red.line

Hmm, I think I've seen this thread before..

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
so between the F2's and pro-s, which is better?
Personally, I would go with the Skunk2 Pro-S over the F2 Type I.

yeah sorry, I was really wondering about the opinions on the Tanabe's and the D2's. thanks
BigMac88 had Tanabe coilovers and he liked them for daily driving, but wasn't impressed when pushed to the limit on the touge/track. I'm not surprised because they were not made to handle such extreme driving conditions.

As for the D2 coilovers... Let's just say that I've heard too many horror stories about them. :shock:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
function form type 1 is bang for the buck but i would also go with skunk2 because function i believe is quite soft