Which Coilovers should I get?

varelaf

I have been looking for some new shocks and coilovers and have read and read through the forums and havent been able to make up my mind... Im dont have that much money to be spending over $1000 but then again I dont want to go to cheap... From what i have read and the ones I am looking at, just would like to get peoples opinion on what they think, I know these will be personal opinions and everyone is different, these will be for my daily driven car.... The ones Im considering are Skunk2, Function & Form, Yonaka and Megan. if anyone can tell me which one woud be better... Thanks

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
Many people here will suggest to get Skunk 2 coilovers. I have no problem because i've never had any experience with it. Many members claim they are really smooth and comfortable. so wait for their feedback also.

i just ordered some F2 Type 1's for my integra also. they are at a nice price and many members claim they are also comfortable for a simple DD, which is my need.

What will you be using it for? AutoX, circuits? etc. DD?

varelaf

I have a 99 integra, and I bought it 11 years ago... Its still kicking and I dont race it, just a regular daily car... It is turbo'ed and do rop on it from time to time... But I really just want a smooth ride, somewhat stiff but more smooth then anything else..

varelaf

I just went on ebay and I saw the Coilover Supension Shock Top Upper Mount Hats Hat, What are these used for??? If most shocks are direct replacements what would these be for???

Blk_DC

spending limit? do you want smooth or stiff? low or moderate drop? do you want dampening adjustablity and/or height adjustablity? What do you want your DD to feel like in your opinion. Because to me all I need for my DD is decent drop, and I like stiff springs. Personally I like neuspeed race w/ koni yellows thats what my friend drives.

progress cs-II series coilovers are a good entry level coilover, they are full body w/ 1-3" height adjustment, and could be purchased for 550 shipped from robear racing. Never tried them though, but they have good reviews all over the honda/acura forums.

Or you could find a good set of used lowering springs of your taste $100shipped more than likely and match them up to a set of koni str.t or skunk2 sport shocks you can get either set for 300shipped new. so $400 total

you can find used setups pretty cheap sometimes, but right nowadays it seems to be difficult. Theres alot of combinations out there, search around reviews, test out other peoples cars and find what drop and spring rate fits you best and what you want. You could then figure out what way would be cheapest to get what you need.

Blk_DC

I just went on ebay and I saw the Coilover Supension Shock Top Upper Mount Hats Hat, What are these used for??? If most shocks are direct replacements what would these be for???
I believe extended top hats help reduce, and maintain normal shock travel.This is good for those who are bottoming out with "slammed" vehicles. Bottoming out means your shock, when going over bumps and/or uneven pavement, hits your top hat(hopefully bumpstop helps out first). Bottoming can damage and reduce the lifespan of the shock, and if continued, the shock will blow.

Someone else here may be able to explain better, or correct me if I'm wrong lol.