which computer for LS/VTEC?

Brandon

what I was wanting to know is will the 1999-2000 civic si ecu plug into my ecu plug for my 1999 integra ls and engage my vtec with my ls bottom end and gsr head. I know the p28 with s300 and all that good shit would be best, but I don't want that. I just want to get the ecu that will allow my vtec to engage, and be done with it. no extra money or anything, just get it done and sell it.
________
Honda Civic (First Generation) History

Last edited:

mirrorimg

what I was wanting to know is will the 1999-2000 civic si ecu plug into my ecu plug for my 1999 integra ls and engage my vtec with my ls bottom end and gsr head. I know the p28 with s300 and all that good shit would be best, but I don't want that. I just want to get the ecu that will allow my vtec to engage, and be done with it. no extra money or anything, just get it done and sell it.
FInd the pinouts for the ECU's. I doubt they match wire for wire.

It should still pug in an run the car. I wouldn't recommend running around on a tune with fuel maps for a 1.6l for too long or getting on it too hard. You will still need to get an ECU that is tuneable and get a tune for your LSV.

A reason people go with the OBD1 computers, aside from ease of socketing them for a chip, is that when you have that ECU you use a jumper harness. This jumper harness has the Vtec wires already pinned in and have enough slack to run them into the engine bay to the solenoid, and pressure switch.

We didn't tell you to go with the P28 just to sound like assholes and what not. We told you because it's the tried and true method that is the easiest solution, that is a proper fix, to your problem.

In short, get the P28, get it socketed and chipped, get a base map (ITR will work), get a jumper harness, wire it up, drive your car to the tuner, get it tuned properly, enjoy. Sell the Si ECU or trade it for a P28.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
It should still pug in an run the car. I wouldn't recommend running around on a tune with fuel maps for a 1.6l for too long or getting on it too hard. You will still need to get an ECU that is tuneable and get a tune for your LSV.

A reason people go with the OBD1 computers, aside from ease of socketing them for a chip, is that when you have that ECU you use a jumper harness. This jumper harness has the Vtec wires already pinned in and have enough slack to run them into the engine bay to the solenoid, and pressure switch.

We didn't tell you to go with the P28 just to sound like assholes and what not. We told you because it's the tried and true method that is the easiest solution, that is a proper fix, to your problem.

In short, get the P28, get it socketed and chipped, get a base map (ITR will work), get a jumper harness, wire it up, drive your car to the tuner, get it tuned properly, enjoy. Sell the Si ECU or trade it for a P28.
i think he needs to wire up his vtec first...didnt sound like he did yet. but yes i agree with ya paden. p28 or any other vtec e cu for tuning.

95project_GS-R

id say p28 with them, there cheap and highly available. but if you run the vtec wires i think you can just use the ecu that goes with the head you put on. and deff dont go beating with a 1.6l fuel map. lol