which control arms and why?

patrick4588

Integra God
ok i see A LOT of brands of lower control arms for sale and im wondering what brands have advantages over others and why. do not just say i have these and they work well. there are blox control arms for 100 bucks but the omni's are 200. i usually buy omni stuff but im not goin to drop an extra hundred dollars just for the name. if the bushings are better or there is any reason certain ones are better, PLEASE inform me. thanks in advance guys. oh and im looking to get an asr rear subframe brace and probably the type r rear sway bar.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I bought skunk2s because I heard good things about the bushings. I've been warned that the cheaper LCAs have junk bushings.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
These are the Skunk bushings.

You can get Function-7s with spherical bearings. They are $320 at King Motorsports.
Your omnis are only $150 at king.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I got F7's from a dealer on H-T for a lot cheaper then that.

look up DavidR and send him a PM. he'll hook you up with a discount code on his web page.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
What is the spherical bearing? like, whats the difference then?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Mine are supposed to be here monday, I went with the Hard anodized. I'm gonna have fun changing mine, last time I had to work on the suspension a bolt stripped. After it snapped my socket in half.

patrick4588

Integra God
lol. i just put my omni coilovers on and had to drop the control arms to put them on, so my stuff is fresh and ready. haha. i think i might get the combo

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
i talked to some of the guys at kingmotorsports... they said dont get spherical LCA's if you DD you car cuz it is really harsh on the car... LCA's by omni-power, blox have OEM bushings, skunk2 have urethane bushings...

i would go with skunk2

WERA689

I also bought Skunk2's, because I think they have the best bushing design out there. The bushings do rotate like bearings, rather than twisting, like rubber ones do. As a result, they do not need/use a setscrew to hold the bushings in place, which will eventually lead to tearing of the bushing. A good design, and good looking, too.