which ecu to start car with

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
i have the factory obd2 ecu in my 01 gsr
i also have the obd1 ecu along with the harness for when i tow the car to the dyno
im rebuilding my engine and i dont know which ecu to start it up with for the first time
should i load a basemap on the obd1 ecu then start it or just use the stock one?
i have upgraded internals
a cai and a intake manifold

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
since i assume you are dynoing your car, start your car on the OBD1 ecu as i imagine you will only be using 1 o2 sensor. Then once you do the first oil change after 15 minutes of the first start put it on a truck n dyno

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
since i assume you are dynoing your car, start your car on the OBD1 ecu as i imagine you will only be using 1 o2 sensor. Then once you do the first oil change after 15 minutes of the first start put it on a truck n dyno
ok so im gonna use the p28 but why does it matter if both the ecu's are straight out of a stock car (except for the obd1 being chipped)? im asking for the sake of knowing information

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
ooh its a p28, i would load a basemap on first, i thought it was a p72 obd1 ecu. You want to use the OBD1 as i assume you only have 1 o2 sensor in the car. With one o2 the obd2 ecu will throw a code and it will compensate and run rich or something, thats bad for the rings, you dont want to fuck up the rings before dyno, rather potentially damage them

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
ooh its a p28, i would load a basemap on first, i thought it was a p72 obd1 ecu. You want to use the OBD1 as i assume you only have 1 o2 sensor in the car. With one o2 the obd2 ecu will throw a code and it will compensate and run rich or something, thats bad for the rings, you dont want to fuck up the rings before dyno, rather potentially damage them
oh ok, so the only way i can load the basemap to the ecu is by having the the ecu in the car and turning the ignition then loading the basemap from there? where can i get a good basemap from?

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
what chip do you have? sounds like you have s300, the s300 has basemaps on there already
i have the s300 chip, is the basemap just called the stock us p72 calibration in smanager?
is that what you are talking about?
my bottom and top end are built...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
under file there should be a thing where you can open different base maps. its like file>open forget its been a while since ive used the smanager. theres a bunch of stuff there just basemap it to what evers close.