Which engine would be better?

magik527

Hey guys im new here and im currently in tha process of getting ready to buy an integra and to use as a future reference i wanted to no which engine wud b better the b18c for the type r or tha b20b with the vtec head...This swap wud b for an ls

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
I'd take a fully built B18C over a franken motor anyday.
Definitely this. Also- Do you know any good/affordable machine shops in our area? The GSR has bent valves and supposedly that's the root of all my issues according to Acura.

magik527

So all in all the b18 puts ut more hp than tha b20?

soccer4life

B18c beats B20 Vtec all day IMO. With the B20vtec you have to do it perfect and its a lot of work. B20 will give you a little more torque however. B20vtec you might have relibalilty issues

mjones73

Definitely this. Also- Do you know any good/affordable machine shops in our area? The GSR has bent valves and supposedly that's the root of all my issues according to Acura.
No, I know some people I can ask though. I haven't went shop hunting yet. I'll get back to you.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
ITR engine with some bolt ons is a very good reliable setup. I don't trust the LS/V setups unless you really dump some money into it, then you were better off just getting the B18C ITR.

98IntegraRS

when the motor is out of the car and on a stand, everything is easy! you'll learn so much too, it's a good experience!

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
ive had my b20/vtec for a couple years and no problems...and its still a stock block and i road race on it...bring it to over 8K when im racing..

as long as you take care of it and get the timing belt correct you wont have any problems