Which header should I get for my GSR? DC? Heddmann?

97 b18c1

which headers?

hey I'm ready to get some new headers on my 97 gsr and I want to know which are the best. Should I get DC...I was looking at headman headers, the tork step design looks pretty cool. I wonder if it really helps, or if it's just a pile of dog dung.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Do you want high rpm power or low/midrange power?
What mods do you have right now?

I've never heard of headman headers, but if they have stepped primaries, that's a good thing. Comptech and Toda headers are stepped also. Can you give us a link to check those out headman headers?

97 b18c1

My teg has a custom cat back exhaust, CAI, vtec controller. I want both, low rpm torque for driving around town and high rpm power to kick some ass when a domestic rolls up next to me.

here's the web sit of the tork stepped headers...
headman headers

you can check out my car at car domain...
my teg

I want good headers but I don't want to spend $500+ for a name brand like toda. thats why headman sounds like a good deal, but I don't know if it would be that much better than some DC ones.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Oh, Hedman manufactures Chikara headers, they stink. Diameters are too small and build quality is low. You get what you pay for, a Toda header is actually *$980*, the Comptech is *$529* , though.

What diameter is your exhaust? You need all your parts working together towards building the same area of the rpm range. You don't buy one part to get more midrange, and then another to help out the high end power, they'll more than likely cancel each other out.

Last edited:

97 b18c1

980 smackers her some pipe!!!!! They better do some kinky shit for that much money!!!! Are they that much better than DC headers? What would you do?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Yeah, Toda is about as high end as you get, along with Spoon, Hytech and SMSP. It's a great header, but it's made for particular applications. It has a big 2.5 inch collector, which is only good for advanced NA setups with aftermarket cams, high compression, high powerband, and you'll also need a full 2.5 inch exhaust system for it. The diameter of your exhaust can't be smaller than your header's collector diameter. The exhaust can be the same size or bigger than the collector, but not smaller. Getting a $1,000 header for a car with just bolt-on's is a waste, but put into the proper setup is worth the money.

aspec

dc suxks, diameters are way too small... i got pacesetter, works great...