Which shocks would be best with GC coilovers?

teggy2281

Please help me on this guys..........I have a 2001 gs/ls and i have on a groundcontrol coilovers and i need shocks for it. Which type or brand of shocks would fit best or go with the groundcontrol coilovers?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Well, I would think that you have three choices, Koni, Tokico, and KYB. Depends on how much money you want to spend.

teggy2281

i'll spend some money on it but not too much.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I have Koni adjustables (also known as Koni yellows), I recommend them. They have adjustable stiffness, which is really great to have. Turned all the way soft, the ride is same as stock, nice and comfortable. And they come with a million mile warranty. Check out www.tirerack.com and www.shox.com for good prices on 'em.

teggy2281

Aye TegSox I looked at www.shox.com and I didn't see the Koni Yellow but I saw Koni Red. Are they the same thing???????

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Sorry, I remembered those 2 sites as selling Koni Yellows back when I was shopping around for mine 4 years ago. Both had good prices. Koni yellows and reds are not the same, the red's don't have adjustable stiffness, and I'm pretty sure they don't have different perch setting. I had bought my yellows from Tire Rack, I got them at Tire Rack dealer cost, which was about $120 each. I don't know if Sport's and yellow's are the same.