which size throttle body better for all motor type r motor

NinjaJDMB18c

hello guys i got a 98 jdm b18c type r motor in my integra. One friend is saying 68mm skunk2 pro throttle body is better and the other is saying to use the 70mm. Not going turbo. any thoughts on which size would be better for all motor?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Muckman

Not a M0derator
68mm is fine. You're not going to outflow that. If you go too big you lose fine throttle control and its really annoying on a street car.

Pro tip to gauge if your throttle or intake is restrictive on your setup - log a WOT pull and note the engine load, it should never read below 0psi atmosphere.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
There are a few sizes that will flow fine but it really depends on how well youre flowing. First if the manifold is stock then going bigger without port matching is rather pointless. What other mods do you have? TB is kind of a finishing step and a waste anywhere near a stock build imo.

NinjaJDMB18c

70mm port matched skunk2 intake manifold. then im putting in spring and retainer kit and skunk2 tuner stage 2 camshaft...with that said might as well use the 70mm skunk2 tb then right? i have both a 68mm and a 70mm ( friend and i bought each so which ever i decide to take he will get the other size) with that said NEMESISCBR what are your final thoughts?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I second Muck's thoughts on the aforementioned issued of throttle response. 68mm is the biggest you should run on a street car. You're not really going to lose any noticeable velocity from the 68mm-to-70mm transition at the IM, but the driveability will be worth it. Since you have access to both sizes, you could always do a little real-world testing and run both back-to-back, see which one works better for you. Interchanging them only takes ten minutes.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Exactly. Log two pulls and you'll know if the 68 is restricting at all. I highly doubt it is.