Which subs do I get????

turboMR2

I got a Kicker 10ZX1000.1 for my birthday and need some subs for it.

I have it narrowed down to two 10" Alpine Type Rs or two 10" JL Audio W3v3 subs

anybody have either subs? Good? Bad?

jznsn2u

i don't know if this will help but every time i talk about sound systems everyone tells me alpine is the best.

TreJordan

Body first, then Motor!
yes JL is one of the best in speakers and subs. Clarity is amazing. I have 3 JL W1V2 10's in an integra vantage box that goes in the spare tire compartment. Plus 6.5 speakers in front and back, all Jl TR-650's but i will be upgrading to the Z series speakers.

kcpit

10" Alpine Type Rs = good subs
two 10" JL Audio W3v3 subs=good subs
If you want true power and beat check this out
www.ficaraudio.com
They are a little pricey but you get to build your own sub..... they are well worth the money.... I have 1 12" btl fully loaded with all upgrades.... and let me tell you what neither the Alpines or the JL can touch it on clarity and all around thump.... my buddy has 3 Alpine Type RS and my single fi still hits harder than him, plus sounds better..... same thing with the JL. I out thump them no problem..... I have pissed alot of guys off at the car audio comps with the fi.... so check them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

choyoyoing

How you like my v-tec?
Even though I have Kicker Competitions...I would go with JL Audio if that was your ONLY options.
However, I would check out FI Audio...I heard their subs are the creme-a-la-creme.
Click HERE

white sedan

^^^ I agree. There are other good or better alternatives besides JL and alpine.

Just to name a few:
Image dynamics
Fi
Hybrid
Sundown
RE
And so on.