Which subs do I get????

turboMR2

Awesome. Going with two of the 4ohm W3s and wire them down to 2ohm

Does my car have enough power to power the amp???

94 LS

TreJordan

Body first, then Motor!
It should, if not then upgrade your alternator and get a yellow or red top just to be safe.

turboMR2

Well I just looked at the specs and my box is 1cu ft per chamber but the JLs need 1.25.

Is this bad that my box is too small?

TreJordan

Body first, then Motor!
Yeah thats not too good, either they wont fit or if you do get them to fit they wont sound as good because theres less space for the subs to move air.

turboMR2

Im doing a ported box and the JLs actually need 1.125 cubic feet.

I was looking at similar subs and found the Kicker CVX102 (1200watts max 600watts rms) for $199 with free shipping. Are these too powerful for my amp?

Last edited:

TreJordan

Body first, then Motor!
Im doing a ported box and the JLs actually need 1.125 cubic feet.

I was looking at similar subs and found the Kicker CVX102 (1200watts max 600watts rms) for $199 with free shipping. Are these too powerful for my amp?
Im not sure man. I dont really follow kicker that much but i hear they are good too. The best one is the solobaric L7 comparable to JLs W7. But isnt the w3 on sonic only like 139 or something. yeah its 200 watts less than the cvx but you know you are getting Jls quality.

turboMR2

From the reviews that I read, the CVX uses all the L7 technology just in a round woofer.

The W3s are $159 plus like $18 shipping.

TreJordan

Body first, then Motor!
From the reviews that I read, the CVX uses all the L7 technology just in a round woofer.

The W3s are $159 plus like $18 shipping.
Well then its a good sub then! and that sucks that you have to pay shipping, its free where im at!

turboMR2

Damn your lucky haha.

Do you know if Quality Auto Sound matches online prices like Crutchfield and Sonic. They are both legit dealers. Just wondering before i go there tomorrow haha.

white sedan

If your going to go ported, make a custom box. No offense but a prebuilt ported box sounds like shit. either go sealed or custom ported box. just my opinion.

white sedan

How much do custom ported boxes cost? (approximately)
$200-400 depending on the place that will build you a box, just make sure they know what they are doing.

I recommend reading up audiophile forums and do some reading. there are a lot of useful information regarding box building. build a box if you have the necessary tools or if you crafty at building things.

http://caraudio.com/forum/enclosure-design-construction-help/137804-free-box-plans.html : Free box plans if you decide to build it yourself, some of the guys there also offer service for a custom design for boxes blue print.

Peruviann

I've been using infinity kappa perfects for the last like 5 - 6 years love em my entire car is infinity from the amps to component speakers and subs