Which swap should I get?

CALI-BEAR-DA9

CALIFOOLYA RAIDER
What's up people, new to this site... jdm all day beeaach.. I drive a 91 teg, had it for almost a year now. Replaced the block around March 2010 (spun bearing on old one) with one I was building. Was gonna go lsv but decided not to. Block has b16 pistons on LS internals, and now workin on the head. Getting a 3 angle valve job and cleaning it all up. Don't care to spend much money on it beacuse saving the greenbacks for a swap, either b16a2 or b18c1 ? not sure. Hoping to get some good opinions on which way to go.... thanks..:guns::moon:

Last edited by a moderator:
It all depends on your budget. The B16 long block goes for like $1100 and the B18C1 goes for like $1700. Then there's the cost of shipping.
The real key to it all is the trans gearing. You'll want a short geared trans like a USDM GSR YS1, or a JDM B16 Y1, S1, or J1.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Why are you spening money building your B18a if your gonna get a swap anyway?

Get a B18c1. More torque and HP.

CALI-BEAR-DA9

CALIFOOLYA RAIDER
which swap i should get.

thanks for the replys.... i got my mind set on a usdm gsr swap with a b16 tranny usdm cause i want 2 get it bard and reft.. and the reason im working on my b18a is because i commute 2 school and i want a reliable car for next semester im not buying no upgrades for it at all just building stock (except for the b16 pistons) thanks for the suggestions will post pics of my car soon.... :thumbs up

There wasn't a USDM B16 cable trans. The only USDM B16 transmissions were hydro. You'll need a cable to hydro conversion to use that trans.

hidenplanvew

B16 Trans sucks for commuting, but i dont drive it so up to you... If you dont mind your car sitting at 4k or higher for however long your commute is then go for it. Motor wise get an Rb26 hahahahaha just playing Yo' you be tru JdM yo' Dont start a thread with "jdm beeaach" cause first your car is FAR from jdm and secound you sound like your 15 and dont know Sh*t. But if I were you I would get a B18c1 good Tq and Good Hp plus you could slap a turbo kit on and make 250ish on a stock everything for a fun commute.

CALI-BEAR-DA9

CALIFOOLYA RAIDER
B16 Trans sucks for commuting, but i dont drive it so up to you... If you dont mind your car sitting at 4k or higher for however long your commute is then go for it. Motor wise get an Rb26 hahahahaha just playing Yo' you be tru JdM yo' Dont start a thread with "jdm beeaach" cause first your car is FAR from jdm and secound you sound like your 15 and dont know Sh*t. But if I were you I would get a B18c1 good Tq and Good Hp plus you could slap a turbo kit on and make 250ish on a stock everything for a fun commute.
First my car is a work in progress im going for the JDM look with a usdm motor cause i live in CALI. Second im 25 homie i know what the f**k im talking about just here to get some opinions and options from other people with experience. thanks for the info on the final gear swap.. :guns: