Which turbo for a daily driver??

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
i like it except for the engine management. i would ditch their extra injector idea and just replace the stock ones and get something better to tune it with.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i was wondering about that but if thats the case i can order the f max kit for alot cheaper then the turbonetics kit and it has everything but the fuel stuff

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
i find fmax kits tho online with no fuel managment and they sell for 1800 which is alot less then the turbonetics for over 3000

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
probably just the old fmax kit. i the new fmax kit comes with all the additional injectors and crap. turbonetics has a kit called the tuner series that's missing the fuel components and electronics. the revhard kit isn't bad either. it just comes with the just fuel pump and fmu so you can build your own fuel system

MoJoJoJo

Banned
if ur gonna run daily driver...u dont even need a boost control..u can run low boost with ur internal wastegate...but thats just lame...i dunno why u guys want to get a turbo just to run low boost?!?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
teggyls said:
isnt a fuel pump and fmu good enough for low boost like what they come set for in the kit
yeah, its just basic stuff. but its better then getting charged for stuff you don't want like the fmax kit. that way you can buy your own injectors and engine management. i would rather by that kit for cheaper and build it up myself

all these kits have external wastegates exc. greddy

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
so the fmax kit im looking at with everything but the fuel managment is a good buy so i can get the rest of the stuff i want...and shut up mojo this is my DD i dont need tons of power just a lil more then my car has now

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
i would prefer to buy my own fuel system instead or running additional injectors and stuff like that. i'd get the kit with no fuel components for cheaper and go buy my own fuel pump, bigger injectors and something like a greddy e manage or something else to tune it more precise with.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
^^thanks i think i might do that even tho turbo is in the distant future for me better to know stuff now then when im tryn to figure it all out

MoJoJoJo

Banned
teggyls said:
so the fmax kit im looking at with everything but the fuel managment is a good buy so i can get the rest of the stuff i want...and shut up mojo this is my DD i dont need tons of power just a lil more then my car has now

lol u might aswell go with a supercharge kit, safer, instant power. turbo is for the big boys who wants power :D

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
that's why i like the greddy kit if you're gonna put one on and leave it alone. e manage, new injectors and that kind of stuff come with the kit instead of a less than precise additional injectors setup. but i, personally, would do the turbonetics tuner series or revhard kit just because i know i'd be constantly messing with it and upgrading anyway.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
MoJoJoJo said:
lol u might aswell go with a supercharge kit, safer, instant power. turbo is for the big boys who wants power :D
well mojo i was thinking about goin S/C but i am going to upgrade the internals and run more boost after i graduate and have more money to spend right now im goin to school and workin so money isnt a something i come by very often..thats why i want to start off low and then build on it

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
most superchargers aren't intercooled and the ones that are usuall y use heat soak prone air/water i/c. boost is boost on engine either way you get it. but turbos are more efficient so the heat air less when compressing it and usually have more efficient intercoolers. how is that safer to run 8 psi non intercooled boost? you just can't get greedy with lust for power with your turbo. that's when you start blowing shit up