Whining noise from intake area?

JGvtec

So i installed my Intake the other day everything went fine and dandy except for one thing. Whenever i get on it and let off to slow down lets say. There is this loud like whining noise. Only weird thing is if i tap the gas a bit it will go away until i repeat the process. Lets say i open my hood when the noise occurs... the noise resembled basically an air horn sound. I checked some other threads on different sites and i found some people say that there is air getting out somewhere like between the grommets or that the bolts around my throttle body are loose. Any ideas?

JGvtec

Also my friend might think it could be my sensor because its used to my old intake. Knowing now its letting in more air. I would need to just upgrade my sensor for the noise to go away?

goofygamer

You don't need to upgrade sensors. You can just try resetting your ecu if you think that's the case. Just unplug your negative wire on your battery and let your car sit for 15 minutes. Can you record the noise?

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Either a leak of some sort, or a bypass like Jim said. I'd be more inclined to think that you have a small leak or something.

SOMD_GSR_STi

Flatout Performance
mad tyte jdm supercharger y0. Nah just kidding. It does sound like it could be a possible leak. As with the piping, you said PVC, the only thing I think of with PVC is the with plastic plumbing pipe. Please tell me you did not put that on your car.