Whistling Noise

Coney

Spacely
I noticed the other day my GSR makes this high pitch whistling/ringing noise(almost like metal on metal really gently). Its definitely coming from somewhere in the belts. I figured it may be the idler pulley bearing but doesnt that change with rpms? this doesnt change - Its the same noise at all speeds. It makes this noise with A/C off also. It does however get louder and softer randomly

rexpepper123

does it go away when you put the clutch in? i have kind of the same problem from an after market cheap clutch and fly wheel i believe

Bizzyb

B18C1 lover
I have the same issue with my 01 GS-R mine has 135,xxx I think it's the pulleys Don't know how to remedy though, I've sprayed belt dressing on the belts and gotten it to quiet down some.

Coney

Spacely
Noise does not change when cranking steering wheel or when pushing in the clutch which is oem anyways. Its gotta be like one of the pulley bearings must be shot

Afireinside

Noise does not change when cranking steering wheel or when pushing in the clutch which is oem anyways. Its gotta be like one of the pulley bearings must be shot
I drove mine for about 6 months like that(could really hear it next to the concrete barriers) It was the early warning of my alternator going out!!
Good luck

Bizzyb

B18C1 lover
Would like to report I just did my timing belt, the tensioner and the water pump and now the whistling noise has gone away. So could have been the timing belt tensioner.

yzfr1

Check your pcv valve

I got a 01 Gsr it make a whistle noise too if it not the pulley it could be the pcv valve I replace a new one and it stop the noise. See if that help it under the intake manifold

Last edited: